1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Creating New Microsoft accounts for Staff using Work Email address

Discussion in 'Bing' started by Ben Clay, Mar 8, 2018.

Hi Guys,

I've been having some difficulties and am looking for some help with creating new Accounts for staff to access Bing using their Work Emails (ie )

It gives an error when they attempt to create an account stating they cannot use a work or school email address and should instead create a personal email account with Yahoo or Outlook.

My worry is that this account would be un-secure, and outside of our businesses control, among other concerns.

I found an article that stated I could create a Microsoft account with a yahoo email and then add the work domain email as an alias, however this didn't work.

I've spoken at length to Microsoft and Bing (we don't have an Account Manager at Bing), and after several calls and emails where I was given basic instruction to invite users, i'm none the wiser. I have spoken to our IT support and they aren't sure either.

My question is, are the big 6 agencies really creating Yahoo accounts for all of their staff just to access Bing?
    Thanks in advance, i'm slowly losing the will to live :-/

Ben Clay, Mar 8, 2018 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Why do they need microsoft accounts to access Bing?

sarahk, Mar 8, 2018 IP
  3. Ben Clay

Ben Clay Peon

Best Answers:
    Because they cannot accept the invitation with a workplace email.

Ben Clay, Mar 9, 2018 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    What invitation?
    Bing is a search engine

sarahk, Mar 9, 2018 IP