1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Creating First Press Release, Assistance?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Grokodile, May 30, 2006.

I've put together a draft press release, but I am hesitant to actually submit it without running it by an experienced person.

Should I run my draft past someone who rights copy, or what? Once I've got one out there I can use what will then be a "standard" bio and something to base future efforts on.

If you have any advice to help me get this first one out the door I'd really appreciate it...

Grokodile, May 30, 2006 IP
  2. moneyonlineideas

moneyonlineideas Peon

Best Answers:
    You should familiarize yourself with the standard guidelines for a press release and write and re-write yours till you are completely satisfied. Do not hasten with the release. Read the editorial guidelines at prweb and other places and you will get a lot of idea. Try a free release at prweb and see what editorial score you get. If it is 3 or below, then you need to fine tune your release.

moneyonlineideas, May 30, 2006 IP
  3. Grokodile

Grokodile Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies. As I've never done one before, I'll never be satisfied and sure of what I've written... but once I have one out the door, I should be good to go from that point on.

JH, you have a PM.

Grokodile, May 30, 2006 IP
  4. eddie0816

eddie0816 Peon

Best Answers:
    where do you find your editorial score on pwreb? I have a release on there, but I don't know where to look.

Thanks

eddie0816, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  5. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Login to your PRweb account, then go to the management console. Any releases will be listed there, and if they've been approved by an editor, the score (1-5) will be listed. :)

Jenn

jhmattern, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  6. eddie0816

eddie0816 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank You. I very much appreciate it.

eddie0816, Jun 1, 2006 IP