1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Creating cursor dead zone

Discussion in 'jQuery' started by LOOM, Jan 31, 2014.

Hi guys, I was taking a look at how to make a drop down menu like amazon like this menu. I want to create a dead zone for the cursor like in the example in the link. I'm just having a hard time implementing the plug in. I am new to jquery and struggling to get this working correctly. I haven't tried anything yet as I do not know how to implement the plug in, do I simply include the java script file in my html and run the function given or is there anything else I need to do before I can use the plug in?

LOOM, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    There's no link in your post... so it's gonna be a bit hard to discern what exactly you're thinking about.

PoPSiCLe, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  3. LOOM

LOOM Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sorry my bad, here you go.http://bjk5.com/post/44698559168/breaking-down-amazons-mega-dropdown

LOOM, Jan 31, 2014 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You include jquery, then the js-files from the plugin, and then you implement according to the instructions - which means you have to have a semantically correct menu set up using lists, and unless you want to alter the configuration, displaying submenus to the right of the original menu. According to instructions, you can have it show below or to the left, but I didn't look too closely.

PoPSiCLe, Jan 31, 2014 IP