1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Creating Backlinks on non country specific sources.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by anuragswebstreet, Sep 4, 2013.

Hi Guys

Is it true that Google will penalise a website if its link profile shows that the back links are coming from non country specific sources? Means if I have an Australian website so is it mandatory to create backlinks only on Australian websites?

anuragswebstreet, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  2. Arindam Roy

Arindam Roy Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I think it is totally wrong. You can collect backlinks from other countries but in natural way. Not like link exchange.

Arindam Roy, Sep 4, 2013 IP
  3. Maric123

Maric123 Member

Best Answers:
    As Long they all look naturual and they are relevant and carry some good link juice you can get as many backlinks from different countries as you like!

Maric123, Sep 8, 2013 IP
  4. George T.

George T. Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thats a lie. As long as everything comes natural to googles eyes you can have links from everywhere.
    But remember something. "Natural" : )

George T., Sep 8, 2013 IP
  5. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    Never heard about that. I bet Google takes relevancy of links into account, but I don't think it'll penalize you for non-relevant links.
    Well, not that those links will help you either.
    In my experience, it's more important that the language of the backlink site is the same as the language of the target site. But I've never worried much about links being from the same region, domain extension, etc.

Kianu42, Sep 11, 2013 IP
  6. Corestratagems

Corestratagems Active Member

Best Answers:
    I sell links to big SEO agencies and I can tell you that Major brands buy links on sites across all different TLD's as long as the DA/PA is high and the content is relevant to their niche. Follow the money. For now the DA/PA of a site means a lot more than which country the domain is in. Of course if you had a .ca domain and all your backlinks came from nz domains and your content wasn't specific to New Zealand it wouldn't look natural and would raise a flag. Keep your backlinks on relevant sites from high PA/DA domains and point them to inner pages as well as the homepage. Use High DA/PA backlinks to pass authority but don't forget to use other types of backlinks to keep your backlink profile looking natural. If you're unsure, take a look at the backlink profiles of a few different authority sites in the top positions.

Corestratagems, Sep 11, 2013 IP