1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Creating an adsense page

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by H-Man, Sep 11, 2004.

I am trying to create a page for a specific keyword. Is there a optimum keword density for an adsense page? I have a couple pages that aren't showing exactly what I want to have displayed.

H-Man, Sep 11, 2004 IP
  2. Owlcroft

Owlcroft Peon

Best Answers:
    It has been suggested that it helps if the text immediately above and/or below the block (if, of course, it is in-line) is rich in the keyword. Whether or not that is so is uncertain, but I suppose it can't hurt to "frame" the ad-block placement with keyworded text.

Owlcroft, Sep 11, 2004 IP
  3. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    melfan, Sep 12, 2004 IP
  4. Sorvoja

Sorvoja Don't hide my ads!

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I am not sure about this, but I belevie that you can't make new pages (nor web sites) where the primary purpuse is to display adsense ads.

Sorvoja, Sep 12, 2004 IP
  5. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    The other thing to remember is that AdSense can't display ads that don't exist. You can certainly try to optimize a page for certain keywords but AdSense is going to try to display ads that are close to or related to thos keywords -- how accurate the ads will be in relation to "your" keywords will depend on the available pool of AdSense ads at that point in time.

minstrel, Sep 12, 2004 IP
  6. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    The AdWords advertiser also gets to choose many keywords per ad which also ads to the variables you can not control.

T0PS3O, Sep 12, 2004 IP
  7. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:

explain this a little more please

joeychgo, Sep 12, 2004 IP
  8. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    The AW advertiser gets to choose a list of keywords (unlike Overture) that trigger the Ad. So there can be one ad for many keywords.

In theory I could write an ad on my AW account promoting lollypops made of mud, and have it triggered on the word mesothelioma or whatever H-Man is trying to get ads for. I'm sure that if I bid $100 for that word, there is a fair chance my lollypop mud ad shows up on H-Man's mesothelioma page.

T0PS3O, Sep 12, 2004 IP
  9. H-Man

H-Man Peon

Best Answers:
    I am just trying to get flexible printed circuit ads. My client doesn't want this domain any more and it has been a site for printed circuits for years. They said I could have it so I thought I would put some ads up until I figure out what to do with it.

I would love the ads to be like the ones that display on this page that has identical to the home page content. http://www.aeiflex.com/flexiblecircuit.cfm ;) - they are actually about printed circuits. But look at the home page and it is about web hosting.

http://www.aeiflex.com/ :mad:

I guess I will keep working on it.

H-Man, Sep 12, 2004 IP
  10. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    why not just do a 301 Redirect to it then..

schlottke, Sep 12, 2004 IP
  11. minstrel

Best Answers:
    ??? a redirect to what?

There seems to be plenty of text ob both pages that should be relevant to the ads on the internal page... but I would guess that the internal page is a new filename and the other is the same old file name (index.html or whatever) from the original site at that URL -- how long ago did the changever take place and are you seeing evidence of frequent visits of the adsense googlebot?

12. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Pretty self - explainatory Redirect from the home page to the page carrying the correct ads. Since he doesnt seem to be worried about the 'eye appeal' a 301 Redirect isnt going to hurt.

13. minstrel

Best Answers:
    The question is why isn't it working on the existing page? Look at both pages -- why does one show ads related to the page content, while the other, with similar on page content, is displaying ads about SEO/web design? That makes me wonder whether AdSense was on the original home page for that site and if so are the current ads relevant to previous content... if so and the current page is relatively new, then I'd say wait a while; if not, it's a puzzle.

14. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    I must have missed where he asked the question...

Anyway- My response to "why they aren't showing" would be that Adsense rolled through there and took the previous content of the page to be Hosting related and then created the ads based on that. After the content was updated with the new content, the Adsense bot never returned and left the old ads.... SO- if the problem isnt solved by google, solve it yourself- with a 301.

15. minstrel

Best Answers:
    I asked the question, although I think it was inherent in the initial post of this thread. As for your explanation, I believe I already suggested that might be the case -- H-man may be able to determine whether AdSense has returned recently from his weblogs.

Yes, redirection might be a solution but I think H-man and others would still like to know why what he's already done didn't work.

minstrel, Sep 13, 2004 IP
  16. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. :) Yes, well, I would assume it was simply Adsenses' laziness.

schlottke, Sep 13, 2004 IP
  17. H-Man

H-Man Peon

Best Answers:
    It is not being lazy on another site. In the last hour Mediapartners-Google/2.1 has hit the home page 92 times. Any ideas why that might happen?

H-Man, Sep 13, 2004 IP
  18. minstrel

Best Answers:
    That's the puzzle right there, H-man. Mediapartners hits my site numerous times a day too and manages to get it right or pretty close most of the time - so what is it about that page?

But you didn't answer my question: How long has it been since you substituted your pages on that site and what was the site about before? Specifically, what anchor text do the backlinks to the site have?

19. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Answering my own question, or part of it, a lot of the backlinks to www.aeiflex.com are pretty spammy. The toolbar PR is grayed out for that page. And a Google search gives me this:

Is this a penalty? What were the previous owners doing with that site and why did they give up on it?

20. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Another thought... have you emailed AdSense support?

I had a question about running another banner on my pages and they got back to me in about 24 hours or so -- very fast.