1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Creating a successful affiliate marketing plan for our business?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by supersonicemporium, Jul 11, 2012.

Hey all,
    I got in touch with a few affiliate marketing companies like Pepperjam and whatnot, however they want to charge me thousands of dollars to start an affiliate marketing campaign which may or may not be successful! So, I came to the DP affiliate marketing forums to try and see if anyone would even be interested in my affiliate marketing for my business and no one replied/was interested. As you can guess, I ended up not risking my money with the affiliate marketing companies.

For those of you who are actually providers of affiliate programs, how did you attract people to the programs? Also, as you can tell from our website we are a furniture company. We are not selling ebooks and whatnot so we aren't able to give insane commissions like 50% or whatever. Our idea was to give out 5% comission since we run on a 15% profit margin. Hell, we might even give 10% if it was worth it and we actually got sales from it.

For those of you who participate actively in affiliate marketing programs, what attracts you to a good program? What makes you want to spread the word for the product? What do you expect out of a good affiliate program?

Any input from either party would be nice. We haven't had any luck so far!

Thanks,
    Supersonic Emporium

supersonicemporium, Jul 11, 2012 IP
  2. dom19

dom19 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is great advice about being honest. It's a trait that can really help you do well in affiliate marketing. I think that also by being honest you are recommending products/services that you agree with you are more passionate about that industry. Your passion shows through and people will get that you are excited about it.

dom19, Jul 11, 2012 IP
  3. jakebvs85

jakebvs85 Peon

Best Answers:
    For those of you who participate actively in affiliate marketing programs, what attracts you to a good program?

- I haven't tried this though but it's common sense that one is attracted with how big is the commission and the market in that niche.

What makes you want to spread the word for the product?

- The same answer in the first one.:)

What do you expect out of a good affiliate program?

- The same Answer as well.:)

jakebvs85, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  4. imgeek2727

imgeek2727 Peon

Best Answers:
    When it comes to affiliates it always boils down to one thing and that's commission. The reason why no one replied to your previous post about your affiliate program in here in DP is probably because even we welcome anyone in here most of us are interested in internet related topics and your product is about furniture. But if it's just for affiliate programs then it may just be the commission that you'll be making lots of consideration for.

imgeek2727, Jul 12, 2012 IP