1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Creating a online hotel booking website.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by JoeBiz1, May 8, 2013.

So in a short version of what I would like to do: I would like to start a online hotel booking website. It's going to be a bit different from other online booking sites such as Hotels, TripAdvisor and etc. I have been thinking of this idea for a while now after running into a few problems with online hotel booking website.

Problem: I am trying to find information on how sites such as the ones mentioned above get the pricing information of hotels. I know hotels.com and similar sites offer affiliate programs but I am not sure if this would be my best avenue to go on.

Also the best platform to build this kind of site on.

Thanks for any help, feedback and ideas in advance. I apologize if I have place this in the wrong section.

-JoeBiz

Last edited: May 8, 2013
    JoeBiz1, May 8, 2013 IP
  2. ktp2012

ktp2012 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You said"Problem: I am trying to find information on how sites such as the ones mentioned above get the pricing information of hotels."
    Most of people have the same problem, it is not getting "pricing information of hotels". The hotels have public price or if you have travel agency, the hotel give a contract rate. I suggest to you that you get contract rate less than the others, so you can run the business. if you do not find the lowest contract rate of hotel, it is better you do not start the business, it is waste time.

ktp2012, May 8, 2013 IP
  3. JoeBiz1

JoeBiz1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you Ktp for the advice. There will discounts so the person can save money. Would a person have to contact each and very hotel to get a certain contract rate?

Thanks once again.

JoeBiz1, May 9, 2013 IP
  4. NYCSavage

NYCSavage Active Member

Best Answers:
    I 1,000% disagree with this advice! Firstly, a new indie website isn't going to get the discounts someone like TripAdvisor is going to get, so no point competing. What the OP needs to do is offer something that TripAdviser doesn't offer as a value added service. Maybe the OP could call clients the day after they return and ask them how the trip went? A more expensive price isn't always a negative. I know people on Amazon that sell books ABOVE RRP yet they do quite well.

Think about what you can offer, make it more personal, they may pay a little extra for that service.

NYCSavage, May 9, 2013 IP
    scott2342 likes this.
  5. Avener

Avener Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This field requires extremely smart advertising or heavy investments mainly for advertisement, if not both.
    My recommendation is to go with an affiliate program as you'll otherwise have a lot of work to do.

I am not sure about this but I assume that these hotels are in contact with different networks for a small price. These networks will contact or get contacted by sites such as Hotels.com.

Avener, May 9, 2013 IP
  6. JoeBiz1

JoeBiz1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice. :)

JoeBiz1, May 10, 2013 IP
  7. lukeit

lukeit Active Member

Best Answers:
    you're the first!!! good luck!

lukeit, May 11, 2013 IP
  8. profb

profb Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I always check hotel search booking engines but then when I find some I like, I search for actual hotel website to compare prices and then 99% of cases I will book from actual hotel to be on safe side. Therefor I recommend developing websites for hotels that do not have their own website or do not have their own online booking system. If I cannot book directly from actual hotel website, they have lost my business. Try searching for several free hotel reservation-booking scripts for wordpress, drupal and jooomla!

profb, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  9. Helge Sverre

Helge Sverre Prominent Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Helge Sverre, Sep 29, 2013 IP
  10. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have the same niche but I want it done on my facebook page, however I don't want to use some paid apps?
    Any recommendations on free apps I can use or where and how to start? All I need is a form that will allow me to gather data.

Patricia Ann Lee, Oct 11, 2016 IP
  11. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    There is nothing quite like receiving advice from a banned member.:rolleyes:

Spoiltdiva, Oct 11, 2016 IP
  12. pinkgirl

pinkgirl Peon

Best Answers:
    u should run Ads

pinkgirl, Oct 26, 2016 IP
  13. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yet more advice from another banned member. Not sure if accepting advice from anyone who can't even hold on to their account, is a good idea.;)

Spoiltdiva, Oct 26, 2016 IP
  14. kieron13

kieron13 Active Member

Best Answers:
    My friend those sites have representatives, people that work from them in each country. They go to the hotels and make the deal. I know because i have 2 friends that have hotels and i met a guy working for tripadvisor. I can tell you and how much they earn those representatives. If i am not mistaken in my country they get pay 900euros and some % of what deal the make with each hotel.

kieron13, Oct 26, 2016 IP
  15. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    What I could think of is looking at the sites you have mentioned. Study them. Some people try to actually contact the sites and try to book, just to see how the sites operate. Having contacts in the industry also helps. If you have contacts of resorts, hotels, etc. then things could be easier. Having contacts could also get you good deals for your business and your customers.

Milliardo, Oct 26, 2016 IP
  16. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If you have an hotel or small one,..you can create as simple by using wordpress..just buy domain with your hotel name and you ready to go..

Theres plenty themes you can use.
    Good luck

robyries, Oct 28, 2016 IP
  17. kirsl

kirsl Member

Best Answers:
    I know clone of Booking.com was made by team from Google and Facebook - Ostrovok.ru. They're started with $0,5 mln investition.

kirsl, Nov 1, 2016 IP
  18. Markwilson22

Markwilson22 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What I would do is contact a developer (on upwork) that has experience building this type of site. They are out there.

Markwilson22, Nov 30, 2016 IP