1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Creating a mailing list and BCP CAN SPAM POLICY

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by shai77, Dec 18, 2014.

Hi :)
    I would like to create a mailing list for people who buy from my site, and then offer other products, discounts, promote other products i have in 3 days sale and so on.
    I would also like to create a list for work at home and promote products and send solo ads if possible. The people of-course double opt to my list, but when i started read the bcp policies i saw this :
    "each separate email in violation of the CAN-SPAM Act is subject to penalties of up to $16,000, so non-compliance can be costly. But following the law isn't complicated. Here’s a rundown of CAN-SPAM’s main requirements:"
    and also i saw this :
    1. "Identify the message as an ad. The law gives you a lot of leeway in how to do this, but you must disclose clearly and conspicuously that your message is an advertisement."
    My questions is if i'm making these lists and people double opt to my lists , should i each time i try to sell them a product, or send them a solo ad, or pdf with affiliate link, should i write in the mail this is advertisment? It doesn't make any sense. How can i abide by the law, yet without writing them every time it is an advertisement, or maybe i didn't understand what these requirements means?
    Hope to get some good answers and thanks :)

shai77, Dec 18, 2014 IP