1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Creating a disclaimer for boosted posts

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Neil D Newton, Dec 16, 2020.

Hi,
    I have a three youtube channela thatare promoted on three related facebook pages. The page that is giving me trouble, as described below, is a political opinion channel. My first problem was verifications. Of course I didn't expect it but went through the process of uploading a document and getting a code mailed to me in snail mail to confirm my identity. I did this succesfully. I found that it SEEMED that any of my facebook pages were affected in that, until I confirmed my identity, I could not boost any post. Only two of the three pages are political in nature but all seemed to need the confirmation.
    After I verified my identity I was able to boost a post.

I tried to to boost another post a few days ago but found that it was rejected because I had no disclaimer; that had never come up as an issue before. I began by following some documentation I found on the internet. It began by showing a screen shot of an authorization tab on the page's setting page. When I went to the settings page I saw some of the tabs shown in the screen shot but the AUTHORIZATION TAB WAS MISSING.

Later research mentioned verifying the owner and the person paying for the boosts. I also could not find a clear description of how to set up a disclaimer and where it was placed (e.g. in the post itself?). Unfortunately I have found that comprehensive descriptions of facebook procedures are not always available. I would appreciate any help in this regard. My facebook pages do not exist to make money but are simply created for personal reasons. However once an attempt to boost is made all of these issues come into play. I tried boosting this post which held a link to the youtube video and some text describing it, twice and it was rejected because it was missing the disclaimer.

Thanks,
    Neil Newton

Neil D Newton, Dec 16, 2020 IP