1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Creating 2 Websites on Wordpress with Different Themes ( seeking help)

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Captainkirk91, Jul 15, 2017.

Hello, hopefully this is the right place for this topic and someone can assist me. So i just started using WordPress about 3 months ago. I downloaded a free theme and created my site on my local server with the theme i downloaded. After finishing i decided i wanted to make another site but i want to use a different theme with different plugins and such. So after downloading the new theme for my second site when i activate it... it loads everything from my first theme . all my pages, menus, everything is the same. I want to use the blank theme and start from scratch not have all my stuff from my other site loaded to it.. is there anyway to do this?

Captainkirk91, Jul 15, 2017 IP
  2. seo_buzz

seo_buzz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's very weird.
    My guess is you could have used the same theme by accident. Hence it is showing like the exact copy of your first site. Make sure you are not using the same theme by going here - Dashboard>Appearance>Theme.

I am quite sure once you use a different theme for your website, it will look different.

seo_buzz, Jul 15, 2017 IP
  3. Svetlin

Svetlin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you want to create a second website you have to install a wordpress in a different folder (in the root directory) with different database.

Svetlin, Jul 16, 2017 IP
  4. bizzinfo@ymail.com

bizzinfo@ymail.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    good idea

bizzinfo@ymail.com, Jul 18, 2017 IP
  5. Captainkirk91

Captainkirk91 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thank you so much.. so basically you need a new wordpress client for a new site i get it. after changing themes over and over i realized it was just uploading my site to a new theme and it looked all wacky

Captainkirk91, Jul 23, 2017 IP
  6. locals

locals Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    are you going through the installation steps for the second site, that you did for the first site?

When uploading the files for the second site, are you copying the wp-config file from the first wordpress folder and pasting everything into the second wordpress folder??

eliminating the cause to have to install the second wordpress site, creating an answer for my first question...

locals, Jul 23, 2017 IP
  7. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The problem its that you want to instal 2 themes on a single site and this its not posible .You must create a new blog on your host or buy a new domain to be able to instal another theme

Spartan14, Jul 24, 2017 IP
  8. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well... that is open for interpretation. You can install as many themes you want, but only one can be active at a time. Or can it? There are plugins letting you assign themes (more than one) to specific pages, if you want. There are also plugins letting you change themes from the front page (not the admin-interface) to easily be able to see different themes and how they will affect your site, layout, etc. So... no, your statement is basically wrong.

PoPSiCLe, Jul 24, 2017 IP
  9. bizzinfo@ymail.com

bizzinfo@ymail.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    there
    there is a option of multi website creation while installing InstantWP offline. good platform to develop offline wordpress websites.

bizzinfo@ymail.com, Aug 7, 2017 IP
  10. phplduser

phplduser Member

Best Answers:
    phplduser, Aug 9, 2017 IP
  11. Kushagra Asati

Kushagra Asati Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    https://www.emitpost.com/tech/gionee-a1-lite-comes-with-20-megapixel-selfie-camera-3gb-of-ram-priced-at-rs-14999-7061.html

Kushagra Asati, Aug 9, 2017 IP
  12. salmanshafiq

salmanshafiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    for another website you need to install new wordpress and install theme there.. But if you want to do with single wordpress admin then you have the to check wordpress multisite plugin... Please let me know if you have any queries.

salmanshafiq, Aug 13, 2017 IP