1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Create rss XMLfor a podcast

Discussion in 'XML & RSS' started by avillabon, Jan 8, 2011.

Hello everyone! Great forum with tons of great info, im happy to have found it!

I have been running a video blog for almost two years now but recently I decided to start a video podcast (once a week). Yesterday I released episode 1, when I say release I mean I uploaded it to vimeo and share it via a post on my blog www.greensoda.tv as I do with all my posts. A couple viewers suggested I create a video podcast on itunes for it so that they could download it and have it on the go. I figured why not, the more exposure the better, right? That's when I started researching how to submit a podcast to itunes. It seems pretty stright forward from what I read, but i have a few questions before a proceed.

I get that I need somewhere to host the episodes (the video files themselves). My main site/blog is greensoda.tv which is hosted by squarespace.com - this is where i publish my content. Squarespace limits my file uploads to 20mb, therefore uploading video to that server is out of the question. I also own avillabon.com and have a hosting plan for it of 10gb (storage) and 1tb (bandwidth) with GoDaddy. Since avillabon.com is a personal website that only uses 170mb of the 10gb provided I thought I might use it to host my episodes. Im sorry if this is a bit confusing, I just want to give you all the info possible. Is this a setup that would work?

I went ahead and uploaded the video to a new directory I created on avillabon.com:
    www.avillabon.com/GreenSODAtv/GreenSODAtv_Episode_01.mov
    Code (markup):
    Does this sound like the correct setup? If so, how do I create the xml file so that i can submit it to Itunes?

Hopefully this is not too confusing...

Thanks for helping me out!

Alex

avillabon, Jan 8, 2011 IP
  2. Reveille

Reveille Peon

Best Answers:
    This should get you started:
    http://www.podcast411.com/howto_1.html
    HTML:

Reveille, Jan 15, 2011 IP