1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Create Rss For Any Website!!!

Discussion in 'XML & RSS' started by bamik, Jan 22, 2008.

I use
     http://feed43.com
    Code (markup):
    for create a rss feed for my favorite websites that they have not a rss feed.
    My favorite websites are weblogs.But I have a problem with these blogs.When webloge owener create a new post on his(her) webloge.For example:
    www.example.com .This post contain for example 10 lines.In the main page there are for example 4 lines of 10 lines.At the end of fourth line there is a link with this address (www.example.com/page1.htm) say more read.
    MY PROBLEM:
    When I create a rss for this webloge only 4 lines(in this example) aggregate in the rss output while I want entire post(in this example 10 lines).How can solved this problem.Please help me.
    Sorry for my english.
    Thanks

bamik, Jan 22, 2008 IP
  2. bamik

bamik Peon

Best Answers:
    I was looking for a guide to making an RSS feed that contain full story of a post(You know natural RSS contain post's excerpts)for a site that didn’t have one.
    Anyone can get hold of the software or service for solve this problem?

bamik, Jan 24, 2008 IP
  3. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I too need help wth getting RSS into my ite;)

Aaron111, Jan 30, 2008 IP
  4. jamesicus

jamesicus Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many ways to skin the RSS cat -- I personally use a RDF/XML feed because I use RDF for much of my Web page data management organization and micro content searching therefor I am more familiar with it. Many (maybe most?) Web authors prefer and use Atom (and/or PHP scripting) for their feeds -- it is all a matter of taste.

James

jamesicus, Jan 30, 2008 IP
  5. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    I have word press blog they use rss would that inerfere if I added another feed to the website itself here is my site dog-trainers.us and here is the blog I used to connect it through my Host www.dog-trainers.us/blog

can I add a feed diredtly into my site and still have work and not interfere with the blog feed???

6. jamesicus

jamesicus Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. Are you intending to use RSS to announce page updates and new content additions? If so, you may very well garner greatly increased visitation and page loads. Of course, you will need to advertise your use of RSS (Maybe on your Home Page?) -- some of your visitors may already be using RSS and have feed readers/aggregators installed -- a big plus. I believe that most Webmasters are anxious to "get the word out" about updated/new information and products for sale on their web sites but are at a loss of how to do that except by using e-mails, word of mouth and participation in online discussion Forums such as this -- pretty good strategies in their own right but to a limited audience. In some respects RSS creates a captive user base via Live Update Book marks and feed readers/aggregators.

Visit the Web Author RSS Tutorial -- a great overview of RSS in general that may answer many of your questions.

I personally use a RDF/XML feed because I use RDF for much of my Web page data management, organization and micro content searching, therefor I am more familiar with it. My approach may be clumsy to more proficient authors -- there are many other approaches and techniques. This RDF Validation result is a good illustration of how RSS feeds work -- the graphical depiction in particular is very useful for observing the feed structure.

James

7. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    jamesicus thats great can I use (This RDF Validation result) on my site" nmy host maynot have aggragators I use host monster"

8. jamesicus

jamesicus Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know what you mean, Aaron? Bear in mind that this a very basic -- bare bones if you will -- feed example, although it is fully functional.

James

9. bamik

bamik Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi everybody,
    This is my problem:
    Some webmasters will truncate their feed’s content anywhere they insert a <!––more––> tag in their posts.How can I watching their feeds to contain the full text regardless of <!––more––> usage.
    Please help me.

bamik, Jan 31, 2008 IP
  10. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    rss is no easy task if I could do this myself I would;) help

Aaron111, Jan 31, 2008 IP
  11. akram

akram Peon

Best Answers:
    akram, Feb 2, 2008 IP
  12. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    Thanks above thats great info I will do this

but If in case I need youre help will you help me if so I will submit your site to 100,000 directories free"" ;) reply

Aaron111, Feb 2, 2008 IP
  13. Ted_Lang

Ted_Lang Banned

Best Answers:
    Any suggestions on how to create Video RSS feeds?

Ted_Lang, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  14. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    i SILL NEED HELP WITH rsss FEEDS??

Aaron111, Feb 3, 2008 IP
  15. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the link, I've been looking for a service like this.

Pixelrage, Feb 5, 2008 IP