1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

create a database template

Discussion in 'Databases' started by Myfamde, Mar 18, 2020.

Hi!

I would like to build a Wiki-Family on an Intranet-Server.

But yet I fail at the 1st step:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The most common configuration of a wiki family runs a single version of MediaWiki. The following general steps are required in this scenario:

1. Install a normal MediaWiki site, and create a database template from it. This can either be completely empty (i.e. no rows in any tables) or can have whatever initial pages, users, interwiki links, etc. that you want in any new member of the family.
    2 Set up your web server ....
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I find in Internet and in books thousends of receipts, how to build a Database from a template, but no one how to create a template from a database (which programm / command(s) ).

For training I use MoWeS portable for Windows (XP und 7).
    As soon as it works I will install the meine Wiki-Family in Linux.

Thank you in advance

Myfamde, Mar 18, 2020 IP
  2. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Never used this script you are talking about, but I think its merely asking you to add some records/rows in the database table, and is allowing you to keep it empty too.

Install it without records, and then use its web interface to add records.

JEET, Mar 19, 2020 IP