1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Crazy Hops; No Sales

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by sokar101, Feb 15, 2010.

I started advertising with Adtoll recently three Clickbank products. Since I started advertising with them I have like more than 1200 hops from ads on their member sites but no sales at all. I conservatively figure my conversion rate should be 1% that would give me 12 sales but so far I have nothing. Does anyone else smell something rotten in the state of Denmark?:confused:

sokar101, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  2. onlinemoniez

onlinemoniez Peon

Best Answers:
    CB sales have been low for me, too, despite the same or greater amount of hops. CB tracking sucks, in short. It's disgusting. There are small networks with twenty ways of tracking sales.

I've had instances where I've received an up-sell commission, but never received the initial commission. It's awesome.

Anyway, that was a rant, and is in no way related to your problem. Have you made previous sales? Is your traffic targeted? There are a million reasons why you might not be making sales.

onlinemoniez, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  3. sokar101

sokar101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I think my ads are targeted. I have a gaming products on a gaming site; a tech product on a tech site and a dating related product on a dating site and great CTR on all sites but again no sales at all. It's leading me to conclude one of two things: The clicks are false or there is something wrong on Clickbank's end. I know I have their overly complicated hoplink building system down, but no sales. With much less than a 1% conversion I'm going to have to kick someone to the curb either CB or Adtoll. Someone's screwing me and they haven't even bought me dinner yet.:cool:

4. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    CB has lot of tracking issues and reject many credit cards (thanks to their payment processing system). There are other affiliate networks as well, use them.

getjimmy, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  5. sokar101

sokar101 Peon

Best Answers:
    I do and will use other programs. I also use Shareasale, CJ and Linkshare. I usually get better results from them

6. bertuseng

bertuseng Peon

Best Answers:
    Some problems aside, I think Clickbank is still the best there is.

bertuseng, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  7. onlinemoniez

onlinemoniez Peon

Best Answers:
    CB products are more difficult to sell when doing that kind of marketing. It's often not worth it. Get in a CPA network and get some gaming and dating offers going. It's a lot easier to get someone to sign up for something free than it is to get someone to actually spend their money on something. You might make bank doing this. Try Ads4Dough.

onlinemoniez, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  8. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to say, it's what I'd expect from that source.

I have heard of people trying to promote Clickbank products this way, but I've never heard of anyone succeeding.

(By the way, what made you think that the products you're promoting would have a 1% conversion-rate of that traffic?!).

alexa_s, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  9. TigerPublishing

TigerPublishing Member

Best Answers:
    Whoa whoa whoa. Before you jump immediately into blaming everyone and anyone for no sales, take a second to consider the (much more likely) alternatives.

a) traffic quality (yes your ads are targeted in the sense that you're placing gaming offers on a gaming website, but are the visitors of the website a buying demographic? For example, many heavy gamers are teens and many do not have access to ready cash)
    b) ad quality and placement (are you preselling properly, setting expectations and so on? You will probably say "Yes", but I guess my real question is: could you be doing it better?)
    c) seasonal factors
    d) limited sample size (1200 is not that many when you spread it amongst 3/4 products. Then it's only 300-400 hops each and that's not nearly enough to split test ad copy/placement/presells and everything else)
    e) poor product selection (maybe the products you're promoting just don't convert very well?)
    f) what onlinemoniez said
    g) etc etc etc

It's easy to send 1200 hops and start shouting about fraud. It's much harder to dedicate time and effort to finding winning campaigns.

TigerPublishing, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  10. sokar101

sokar101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hold on junior. You seem a little worked up over an honest inquiry. Please don't presume to school me about affiliate sales since you have no idea of what my knowledge and history are in this area. Also, I am not the only one questioning CB's methods and their interface. If you are going to be so touchy about that then you are going to have to go around to a lot of these forums and debate a lot of people. I do know about the other factor's you discussed but again it is only smart to be critical of any program you are using your time and possibly money trying to promote. You would have to be a fool to not be in this mode automatically. So take a deep breath, put your head between your knees and relax. Someone get him a paper back to breath into.:eek:

11. rickmci

rickmci Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have not had a lot of luck with gamming products with clickbank either. I am finding CPA and creating a email list is working. CPA seams to be the best for me also.

rickmci, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  12. ParthS

ParthS Peon

Best Answers:
    What the hell? He was just trying to help you.

ParthS, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  13. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    You're an idiot.

You ask for advice and then respond like this when someone tries to help you? Go jump off a bridge or something.

dlm, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  14. gocali2009

gocali2009 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am pretty sure Clickbank has tracking issues or does something intentional.

I just had 15 days (700 hops) with no sales for products that usually convert below 1:100. That's possible of course, but then it's weird that I always seem to get all my sales at one day, where I get three sales, then nothing for a while then 2 or 3 sales again in one day.

gocali2009, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  15. prasxz

prasxz Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the key for CB is a hungry niche and feed it ...

prasxz, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  16. sokar101

sokar101 Peon

Best Answers:
    He was pontificating over a simple question and I won't resort to immature name calling as you have - you flooze.

17. brada7x

brada7x Active Member

Best Answers:
    You came here asking for opinions. That's what you got. Get over it or get out. It's just as simple as that.

He was detailing several legitimate reasons why you might not have any sales in 1200 hops.

One thing that no one has pointed out is that you've only gotten 1200 hops across THREE products. So, assuming they all got even traffic, that's only 400 hops each.

Maybe after you get 1200+ hops to EACH product and still haven't made a sale, you can complain. Don't jump to conclusions when you haven't even tested the products thoroughly.

brada7x, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  18. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    :rolleyes:

You wont resort to "immature name calling" and then you call me a name.

I can see why you aren't making any sales... :D

dlm, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  19. webfighter

webfighter Peon

Best Answers:
    there is some tracking problem with them i guess, i would use some other network if it continues.

webfighter, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  20. TigerPublishing

TigerPublishing Member

Best Answers:
    My apologies. I was assuming (based on your initial question) that you were fairly new to affiliate marketing. If you're not, surely you know about split testing, preselling, the variation in ad effectiveness and placement, offer selection and so on. And if you do know about all that, why ask such an obvious question?

I was also hoping to pre-empt the follow up questions you (or others reading the thread) might have about WHY you may not be getting any sales. Lots of people join this forum, post a very similar question to yours and then attribute it to Clickbank shaving or not tracking properly simply because they're can't fathom that it might be their fault.

About me being a fool: I trust Clickbank's tracking wholeheartedly. Why? It saves me a lot of headache and sleepless nights worrying about whether or not I'm losing money. If someone can provide unequivocal proof that there's something going wrong (and no-one has), then I'll pay attention. Until then, stop being such a conspiracy theorist.

But anyway, since you want a simple answer to your simple question, here's mine. No, there's nothing fishy about your situation. 1200 hops and no sales is perfectly normal. :)

TigerPublishing, Feb 15, 2010 IP