1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Crawl stats?

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by toolsmith, Jul 21, 2006.

Under the Crawl stats section for Statistics I see that the "Successfully crawled" distribution is empty and the "HTTP errors / Not found" distribution is full.

Does this mean that since the bot found errors in my sitemap that it won't crawl any further until I resolve the errors?

Thanks

toolsmith, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  2. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    The bot will come back but it will put any error pages as non-important if they still have error messages. You should be able to click on HTTP errors / Not found and it will tell you what pages have what errors - the date of the error is important as the errors could have been dated a month back but are fixed now.

cormac, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  3. toolsmith

toolsmith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Initially when I checked the errrors I saw some valid errors from a previous sitemap file. I've since corrected them and the HTTP errors / Not found is empty yet the distribution is a full bar ???

4. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    So there is no errors at all showing up now under any of the drop down lists?

Are you getting a list of keyword phrases under your stats? When was the last time Google downloaded the sitemap? It should give you the time in hours.

Download Xenu Broken Link program and see if it reports any bad links

cormac, Jul 21, 2006 IP
  5. toolsmith

toolsmith Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Correct

I am and it looks like the sitemap was downloaded July 18th ... so three days ago. I'll give that link a try...Thanks! :)