1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Craigslist Posting Software

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by hand, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Compass1

Compass1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think adsoncraigs.com is the way to go. I have tried just about everything under the sun, believe me and while it has certainly gotten much harder to post on CL there are still ways to make great money.

What used to require a push button approach, now requires advance planning and patience. Tools are just that, "TOOLS". You still have to properly prepare your campaigns, do the "needed" set up in advance and take the needed steps BEFORE just posting away. Once upfront work has been done, then you are in maintenance mode making changes as CL makes their own internal changes. Keeping informed on when CL changes and what they change is a never ending task and one that should be included in your daily regiment.

This is a business and marketplace that can be easily and greatly confused with a quick buck. Never mix them together. Those that are successful on CL are constantly honing their tactics and make modifications as needed..like clockwork. Those that are succcessful also don't look at posting to CL as a shotgun approach. This is not their mentality, nor should it be yours, however many working CL fall into this same trap because they look at it from the surface only and never take the time to peel off the layers. This is certainly one of the reasons why CL has made it so hard to post, have posts stick, appear or posts flagged. It's simply clean up and CL must perform clean up in order to reach their objective.

Don't loose sight of what this objective is and understanding what it is will make you a lot of money on CL. Yes, postng on CL is requiring additional steps that didn't exisit a year ago but the site traffic has greatly increased as well. Exposure is extremely high and at a premium. Quality, well thought out ads get the hits, these ads are improved upon again and again and only then do they see duplication of sort. Set up sources are rotatated and tested again and again.

In a nutshell, you are never standing in the same place for very long.. Anyway this is how I do it.

Compass1, Sep 26, 2007 IP
  2. iFlex

iFlex Peon

Best Answers:
    I went through the trial, and it failed to post multiple locations.

How can I trial another 10-20, as it expired after two attempts of 5 postings each??

iFlex, Oct 2, 2007 IP
  3. Moondog

Moondog Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there!
    I belive that Ad Spy Pro is a great software. Do you still using it?
    Also if you don't mind, can you please show me few examples of your postings?
    Thanks
    Edward

Moondog, Oct 22, 2007 IP
  4. Chawman

Chawman Peon

Best Answers:
    I use EasyAdPoster, really like it and haven't had a single issue with it. It's very good software for the price.

Chawman, Oct 28, 2007 IP
  5. kimbiz88

kimbiz88 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a question;

Let's say if i live in the states, would i be able to post in Canada's listing and with this ezadposter program, when i have US ip etc.?

Let me know.
    Thanks in advance

kimbiz88, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  6. Chawman

Chawman Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, no problem

Chawman, Oct 29, 2007 IP
  7. kimbiz88

kimbiz88 Peon

Best Answers:
    ok. i just bought the ezadsuite for $97.00
    where can i download etc?
    or are they going to send me the program?

kimbiz88, Oct 30, 2007 IP
  8. jr360

jr360 Peon

Best Answers:
    OK...
    So who is providing a resonable inexpensive fee for posting my ads for my product using the EZADSUITE, and ADSONCRAIG.

I'll try both services, each will have a different ad for the same product.
    I will spend what little free time for posting, and compare the 2 posting products.

I will monitor what got through and what didn't.
    So if anyone with one of the 2 posting products could PM me with a cost, it would be greatly apreciated.

Thanks,
    JR

jr360, Oct 31, 2007 IP
  9. jlm1970

jlm1970 Peon

Best Answers:
    Does the easyad poster delete the old ads and then repost. I cannot seem to find that information.

The adsoncraig software seems to do that but I want to check and see if easyad poster does before I make a decision on which to purchase.

Thanks,

Jim

jlm1970, Nov 24, 2007 IP
  10. pinkice2821

pinkice2821 Peon

Best Answers:
    First I bought Craygo SUCKED!!! Then got a refund... because it was crap and was bunching up ads into one email ... then I got Adsoncraigs :mad: and no where did I see before I purchased that THERE WAS NO REFUND... although they have failed to respond to any of my emails for support... NO RESPONSE when they claim to have EXCELLENT support and them not providing this is why I want a refund plus their software is crap. I just went to their page trying to find contact info to report them to the BBB and click on disclaimer and this IS the only place I saw the no refund policy... who wants to have to check and uncheck cities that arent even good cities... who wants to check and uncheck the emails they want to use HMMM... I'm sorry but this program really stinks!!! DO NOT BUY ADSONCRAIGS... EZ AD SUITE IS THE WAY TO GO!!! I'm so darn mad I didn't find this product before I bought the other... so darn mad!

pinkice2821, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  11. ursfehr

ursfehr Member

Best Answers:
    Im using craygo with success

ursfehr, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  12. pinkice2821

pinkice2821 Peon

Best Answers:
    Compared to Ez Ad Suite ... IT SUCKS!!!

pinkice2821, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  13. Leisurejohn

Leisurejohn Peon

Best Answers:
    Wanted to throw my two cents in about EasyAd software (including suite, confirmer etc)

This software works pretty well. HOWEVER the real problem I am having is they are not updating it. Craigslist has found a way to eliminate the code Easyad uses to hide text within the body of the posting. It is this text that allows you to be able to post in more than one city. Your ads are still posted but the viewer now sees a bunch of gobbeldy gook on the screen usually down near your pciture. It is smaller type but I have had numerous people ask what it was. Most believe that you are spamming so your post is usually flagged and removed.

I have had great success with Easyad until Craigslist figured out how to expose them. I have contacted Easyad (who by the way does have good customer service), but the reply is the same..."we are working on it". That was over a month ago.

My suggestion is DO NOT spend the $99 bucks for this software until they get the text hidden again. If they can solve the issue, I would recommend this software 100%

Leisurejohn, Dec 25, 2007 IP
  14. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you post url on craigslit ads ?

Lastbutnotleast, Dec 25, 2007 IP
  15. vemone

vemone Peon

Best Answers:
    wow.. i was thinking about buying it... since ads on cl is down..

vemone, Dec 26, 2007 IP
  16. Danolo

Danolo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi folks.. first post...

I have been using Craygo for the past month or so, and am just now starting to get it working well. I've had about 75% of my ads go "live".

Once I make a bit of money from my ads, I'll probably either upgrade to Super Craygo, or I might try the EasyAdPoster.

Someone asked if anyone here uses the University of Internet Science... I do... lots of good stuff there..

Danolo, Dec 26, 2007 IP
  17. Danolo

Danolo Peon

Best Answers:

I dunno if this will help, or not...

Craygo uses a font color that is almost invisible.

Here's the code for the scrambled text.

<font color="OldLace">{scramble}</font>

I suspect the "{scramble}" token is a Craygo element, but the font color "OldLace" MAY work in EAP.

If someone who uses EAP would test this, I'd appreciate knowing if this works.

Thanks

Danolo, Dec 26, 2007 IP
  18. markab10

markab10 Peon

Best Answers:
    I really loved this post. Always try using different methods for advertising my business.

However, I have never really used adverts on Craigslist.

Would anybody like to share an advert on Craigslist that is doing well and
    critique it as well.

I would really appreciate the info.

Mark

markab10, Dec 26, 2007 IP
  19. Danolo

Danolo Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean, "Would anybody like to share an advert on Craigslist...."?

Did you want to see one of my ads? I'd be happy to send you a link to one, or if you want to see some CL ads, just log on and look.

I'm not really sure what you mean, Mark, but if I can help, let me know.

Danolo, Dec 26, 2007 IP
  20. hand

hand Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    With EzAdSuite you can change the font that shows up at the bottom of the post you are talking about. I post daily on Craigslist and rarely get anything flagged and NOBODY every asks what that text is at the bottom.

If you have a good ad copy that will attract the customer not the text at the bottom. EZAd just had another update about a week ago and they are on top of any and all problems i've ever seen and their support forum is great.

I have owned other posting software and compared to EzAdSuite they lack a ton of features and the actual ability to post and have it work.

hand, Dec 28, 2007 IP