1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Craigslist Posting Service - Need DP Members For FREE Review Of My Service

Discussion in 'Advertising' started by netent, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Note: I am editing this post to say that I will accept 2 members in addition to the 4 mentioned below. The two members can be anyone. The 4 members must be as mentioned below.

I need four (4) members of this forum (with at least 100 posts & itrader of 25) to review my Craigslist posting service. I am prepared to let you try my service where I post your ad for five days. The first four members who reply below will get the service for free.

Before I made a post selling my posting service I wanted to let some trusted members review it so that I could have some credibility here on the forum.

I only post at the Craigslist's sites as ranked in Alexa. You can check the Craigslist traffic details by visiting the following link:

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?q=&url=craigslist.org

Some people beleive that posting in more or in all of Craigslist's cities is the best method of posting but that is not true. Any experienced Craigslist marketer will tell you that. Many of the cities do not get much traffic or page views at all. As you can see from Alexa, 99% of Craigslist's traffic comes from ONLY 30 Craigslists sites (see below). For that reason, I only post to those cities.

Any experienced Craigslist marketer will tell you not to post anything other than the top Craigslist cities and to avoid posting in cities with low traffic. Posting and repeatedly posting in those cities is a great way to get your posts flagged down quickly, your account banned and even your IP address blocked. When you post in a city that has few postings it is much easier for Craigslist or a user to notice your post, see that you are making multiple postings and flag you.

HOW I MAKE POSTS

1. The software I use allows me to post to multiple Craigslist cities in the US, Canada and in any country/city that Craigslist has a site for. I CAN POST IN ALL CATEGORIES (The only categories I can not post in are on the Craigslist sites that charge fees to post employment ads and real estate ads.)

2. The software allows me to use an unlimited number of Craigslist accounts, log in to each account at once and rotate posting ads from each account. In this way the same account will not be posting ads. For example, if I wanted to post in 30 cities the program would log into my Craigslist accounts, post the ad in the 30 cities and post would be made from a different account.

3. The software automatically recognizes and enters the captcha code. The entire posting process is automated. The program can detect and then enter the captcha code with no intervention from the user.

4. The program automatically pauses at various points in the posting process so that it wont seem to be an automated post.

5. The program can rotate different titles for the ad to make them seem unique.

6. Each ad has invisible, random text inserted in it so that it seems unique to Craigslist. The color of the invisible text is not white because Craigslist bots are set to look for posts with hidden or white text. The text is a very light yellow color that can not be seen by the eye.

7. The designer of the program provides free updates to keep up with the changes at Craigslist. For example, when the program first came out it did not have the pauses and delays to make posting seem more natural. The program also used to place the hidden text as white but as Craigslist makes new changes the program is updated to keep up with changes.

8. I can post using fresh, proxy servers so that the postings are coming from different accounts AND from different IPs.

These are the areas I post in:

Atlanta
    Austin
    Boston
    Chicago
    Dallas
    Denver
    Houston
    Las Vegas
    Los Angeles
    Miami
    Minneapolis
    New York
    Orange Co
    Philadelphia
    Phoenix
    Portland
    Raleigh
    Sacramento
    San Diego
    Seattle
    Sf Bayarea
    Wash Dc
    New Jersey
    Tampa
    Orlando
    Detroit
    Honolulu
    St Louis
    Baltimore
    Salt Lake City

My Price is Only $10 per week. For that price I will post your ad to the major cities for 5 days.

netent, Aug 24, 2007 IP
    Jason Green likes this.
  2. deepower

deepower Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'll give you a shot. If your service works out I'll give you a good recommendation. PM me what you need from me and your paypal email address for payment of the $10.00

Dee

deepower, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  3. netent

netent Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No, I am not accepting payment until I can prove my service and gain some credibility on the forum. So, you will be the first free trial.

I will post your ad to the Top Craigslist sites once per day for 5 days straight.

I will PM you shortly.

netent, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  4. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    OK, I'll give that a try for $10. PM what you will need?

Thanks,
    Joe

Captain Morgan, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  5. 2hangloose

2hangloose Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    pm me ok i will be here

2hangloose, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  6. viva4google

viva4google Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    PM me buddy...

viva4google, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  7. kenigmatic

kenigmatic Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    pls pm me i want my site/s to be added to your service

kenigmatic, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  8. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please pm me also, i have a friend who would definately need this service. Can u get around craigslist's parameters?

pingpong123, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  9. gcmonk

gcmonk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Please PM as well.

gcmonk, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  10. gkgk11

gkgk11 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hey, I will DEFINETELY buy your services. Just give a quick test run to make sure the ads actually show up and I will be a regular buyer for a long time....

PM me !

gkgk11, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  11. netent

netent Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for all the replies and PMs. Everyone who has replied above and who has PM'd me will be receiving the free trial to test the service out. I normally do not work on the weekends so I will PM you what is required for the ads and then I will get started posting on Monday. I will post the ads in one category per day. Monday - Friday which should be enough time for you to determine how effective the service is.

netent, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  12. cherry_yuya

cherry_yuya Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi

I hope I am not too late for the free trial. Nevertheless, I am interested to hear what the reviewers have to say in the coming week. I'll be using your service if everything is as good as advertised.

cherry_yuya, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  13. logan77

logan77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 1
    I am very interested! Please PM me

logan77, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  14. netent

netent Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have just PM'd instructions to everyone above and to those who PM'd me. I will be letting all of you have the free trial even though it is more than I originally planned on. If you did not receive a PM please let me know.

You should have received PMs:

deepower
    tomerz77
    gkgk11
    popnyc
    viva4google
    Captain Morgan
    2hangloose
    pingpong123
    gcmonk
    Cherry yuya
    logan77

Please remember that I do not officially work on the weekend unless I am just posting ads already entered into my system, so I may not get to posting your add until Monday. I have to review the ads you submit, contact you if there are any questions and get everything set up properly so it will definitly be after the weekend for you new guys. Thanks and have a good weekend.

netent, Aug 24, 2007 IP
  15. pachecus

pachecus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I am interested!
    Please PM me if the trial is available.

pachecus, Aug 25, 2007 IP
  16. WorldImpulse

WorldImpulse Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Let me know if i can still get the trial ..

WorldImpulse, Aug 25, 2007 IP
  17. ace.tuku

ace.tuku Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'll take up the offer. But i have few questions regarding the type of Ad that i wanna send out. Can you please add me on Yahoo/MSN and we can talk about our business deal there.

ace.tuku, Aug 25, 2007 IP
  18. netent

netent Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Captain Morgan
    gcmonk
    logan77
    deepower

I had some extra time so I entered you into the system and posted your ads today. :)

netent, Aug 25, 2007 IP
  19. netent

netent Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    To all the other posters, the number of members I am accepting to take part in the free trial has been reached. Those members, also listed above, are

deepower
    tomerz77
    gkgk11
    popnyc
    viva4google
    Captain Morgan
    2hangloose
    pingpong123
    gcmonk
    Cherry yuya
    logan77

netent, Aug 25, 2007 IP
  20. netent

netent Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Answers To Questions I Have Been Getting PM'd

1. Why Do You Only Charge $10 Per Week?

I beleive that is a fair price which puts the service in the reach of most people due to the affordable price. The reason I post the ad 5 days per week is because some days a post stays up longer than others. I post in the busiest cities which means there are many visiters and many posters. As new posts are added they force the older posts down on the page getting them less exsposure. (FYI, there is even a company that sells a software that people can use to automatically get your adds flagged. See Below) I would hate to have someone pay for a posting and then have their add pushed down by new posts that are made in the same category, so I decided to post 5 days per week so that the post can get maximum exposure.

2. Can I Have A Link In My Post?

Yes, you can have a link in your post. Most posting services will not tell you this but Craigslist does have filters and bots that check posts. In addition, your post can also be flagged by readers who don't approve of it. Also, some categories automatically delete ads that have a domain name in it. Sometimes these posts are deleted or flagged and you do not even receive a notification email. It is very easy for them to recognize .com names. That is why some people have trouble getting their ads to stick. Some people suggest It is best to use a .info or .us domain name. They seem to stick more for some reason. Possibly because the words info and us are used a lot. Some people use godaddy to purchase a $1.99 .info name. Some like to remove the www. from the domain name and have it displayed in their post as plain text. Another method is to use an email in your post instead of a domain name. The email would be set up as an autoresponder and would deliver an email with more information or you could manually answer emails.

3. Do you use Craigslists accounts or emails when you post? For those of you who don't know, you can post on Craigslist without logging in to an account. You simply provide an email address when making the post. I prefer to use Craigslist accounts to post instead of just using an email address. Yes, I know if you purchase a domain name and use catchall forwarding you can have literally unlimited email addresses to post ads with on Craigslist BUT all they have to do is blacklist the domain you are using and with it goes all the email addresses you were using. If you create a Craigslist account using free email accounts at places like Yahoo, Gmail, Bigfoot it is much better because Craigslist can not blacklist those major domains.

I have dozens and dozens of accounts and when I post each city gets posted from a different account, with a different title and unique text. So, it does not look like one account is posting the same ad in different cities.

Do You Guarantee Traffic?
    The only thing I can guarantee is that I will do what I said I would do and that is post your ad in the top Craigslist cities. I get good traffic doing this and you should get traffic also but as for a guarantee, I don't know who can make that type of statement. While I implement measures and strategies to try and make the post stay up the longest I can not guarantee that any post will not be flagged by a admin, reader, competitor advertising in your category etc. See above.

Do you post 5 days straight OR Do you Stagger Posts?
    I can and will post your ad for 5 days straight but I really like to do it every other day so it does not look like the same post is being made each day. For example, when I do my own ads I post one ad on Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun, and Tuesday. On the days when I am not posting a certain ad, I am posting a different one.

Other Important Info:

1. Some keywords and phrases need to be removed from titles and posts. Words and phrases such as "Entreprenuer", "Work At Home", "Home Business", "Make Money", "Rich", "Opportunity" and others could cause a posting to get flagged.

2. Make your posting sound LOCAL. Remember, Craigslist is a local classifieds network. If readers think your post sounds too commercial or to much like some spam message they have seen, they will likely flag you. You need to make your post seem personal---like you are promoting your own company and not trying to refer someone. Use words like "we", "our" and "us". (i.e. "We can help you get approved." or "Visit our company at ourcompany.com)

3. Use marketing tactics to make your ad seem local. For example, in one of my own ads promoting a finance company I started the ad with, "In addition to visiting us at our local office you can now apply directly online". That made it seem that I was a local, offline business person that was simply posting an ad online and made it look less like a commercial advertisement for some affiliate program.

4. Sometimes less is more. Don't explain too much in the post. Sometimes short, simple "teaser" posts can attract more clicks.

These are just a few basic tips. If you do a search online you can find out many posting tips for Craigslist.

Re Auto Flagging Program Mentioned Above:

Some posters on Craigslist do not like competitors. A company, and probably others, has designed a program that can automatically get ads flagged. What it does is go to Craigslist using proxy servers, so it looks like different readers, and then it flags your ad. They do that so they can advertise their product or affiliate program without competition.

netent, Aug 25, 2007 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.