1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Craigslist and Amazon Round 2 Results

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by sirjorgeofculver, Nov 4, 2012.

I took to craiglist recently to try and sell things via clickbank (posted in the clickbank forum section) and amazon. The results are what everyone else said they would be, not even 1 sale, not even 1 click through.

But I thought it would work.

I found Macbook Pro's offered used/new for $900, several hundred dollars off the retail price.

Tried to put an ad up and got a lot of replies, so I sent them emails with the link etc. They didn't buy, not even a click through.

Meanwhile, I had an ipod i needed to sell, so I put up an add for a legitimate item that I had in my possession, and no one bought it.

I put it up on amazon in the used section, and within 20 minutes, I had a buyer.

Anyone have any luck with craigslist and amazon sales? I've had 0 luck.

sirjorgeofculver, Nov 4, 2012 IP
  2. freelancewebaz

freelancewebaz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't usually even have luck selling actual goods I have on Craigslist so I would imagine that selling non-tangibles would be near impossible.

freelancewebaz, Nov 4, 2012 IP
  3. tjcreation

tjcreation Peon

Best Answers:
    Craigslist is really tough for selling things. There are so many scammers on there that most people won't touch it any more. A pity, because it was a great alternative to garage sales for a while.

tjcreation, Nov 4, 2012 IP
  4. lieza203

lieza203 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot for the info. I thought craigslist for the best place for selling.

lieza203, Nov 4, 2012 IP
  5. sirjorgeofculver

sirjorgeofculver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have one more idea that I've implemented today, and am going to see if it works. If it does, I'm looking at a nice $150 - $200 commission, otherwise it's back to the drawing board again.

sirjorgeofculver, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  6. chronocrono

chronocrono Peon

Best Answers:
    I was successful with Amazon for one sale. It was a tv set I believe, which paid about $55. Could have been a fluke, but we'll see.

chronocrono, Nov 5, 2012 IP
  7. BenS293

BenS293 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think amazon is best personally.

BenS293, Nov 6, 2012 IP
  8. sirjorgeofculver

sirjorgeofculver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I tried another route, with some macbooks that were "NM" for 400 - 500 less than retail. Not 1 click through with that method. Craigslist and Amazon just don't mix.

sirjorgeofculver, Nov 6, 2012 IP