1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CPM for banner/text ads??

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Redleg, Oct 20, 2004.

Hi

I've only used affiliate programs and adsense ads on my site until now, but I've recently been contacted by several individuals and companies that's showed interest in displaying banner and text ads on my site.

I've never used that before, so I don't know how much I should/could charge for banner/text ads.

What CPM could I expect to get for a:

Top banner on the site and/or the forum (728x90 and/or 468x60)
    Bottom Banner site/forum
    Button/small banner on the site menu.
    Text link/ad on the forum menu.

My site is www.military-quotes.com and the forum is www.military-quotes.com/forum/index.php

The site + forum gets around 8,000 to 12,000 visitors pr day, with an average of 4-5 pageviews each, and it's a PR 6. (4 to 6 on most pages)

Any suggestions?? :)

Redleg, Oct 20, 2004 IP
  2. lorien1973

lorien1973 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've been seeing between $2-5 CPM for text ads lately. CPM is just the way to figure it based on number of page views. I see monthly rates between 20 and 100 dollars for pr5-6 links. I buy ads on all the cheap gardening sites I can find right now, trying to keep under $50/month. People know that no one clicks banners anymore, so charging on a CPM basis is kinda silly, but it at least enumerates (right word?) how many visitors you get and how many eyeballs will stare at it - if that is what your advertisers are looking for.

lorien1973, Oct 20, 2004 IP
  3. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    Couldn't you run, or maybe you all ready do, an AdSense banner or text ad in the exact space that you will sell and make it it's own channel so that at the end of the month you can get a CPM for the month for that ad space?

Then you would have the exact CPM and about how many clicks a private advertiser would get for a given month. Then charge accordingly.

Do you all ready have this?

Such Great Heights, Oct 20, 2004 IP
  4. Redleg

Redleg Raider

Best Answers:
    I already do that, so I get a rough estimate on how much that ad space could be worth.

But the adsense ads shown on my site (not the forum) isn't always 100% on target, so I expect that a targeted banner ad could be worth more than the adsense ads I show there right now.
    And I would also have to host the banner on my site, so a large leaderboard would consume quite a bit of bandwidth with 10,000+ visitors pr day.

That's why I wonder if any of you have any experience with selling banner ads, and how much I realisticly could expect to get pr 1000 impressions on a site like mine..

A couple of the guys who have contacted me wants to pay pr 1000 impressions and/or pr day.

Redleg, Oct 20, 2004 IP