1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CPM : describe it in your own words

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by yanpub, May 24, 2014.

Please don't copy and paste from wikipedia. I want to see how publishers describe it.
    I see here a lot of questions related to CPM and i think your answers on this thread could help them.

yanpub, May 24, 2014 IP
  2. JackSeal

JackSeal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's the amount of money that advertisers pay for a 1000 ads.

JackSeal, May 24, 2014 IP
  3. binil

binil Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its the amount of money paid by advertiser to the publisher for 1000 views of the ad.

binil, May 24, 2014 IP
  4. yanpub

yanpub Member

Best Answers:
    Why the advertiser pay the publisher for ads views?
    Why not pay him for clicks?
    What the advertiser is looking for? Some huge numbers on their statistics?
    Having a banner somethere on the page where it can not be clicked can be called a good way to generate impressions?
    CPM is all about generating impressions, make some money and with no real benefits for the advertiser?

yanpub, May 25, 2014 IP
  5. WMADV WEBMEDIA

WMADV WEBMEDIA Member

Best Answers:
    It is a payment for 1,000 times of watching the banner.
    This is also the most professional method of buying media banners, because if you know how to make effective banners, you can get very low clicks prices.

WMADV WEBMEDIA, Jun 22, 2014 IP
  6. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah, the answer is there, creating unique and cool banners so they are highly effective. This way you lower a lot the click prices. That's the reason advertisers choose CPM and not CPC. But if you don't know how to make it work correctly, it's best to just go for CPC.

7. yanpub

yanpub Member

Best Answers:
    Your answer is 100% true... from the advertiser point of view.

But what i'm looking for is the descriptions from the publishers, those publishers who came every day here and complaine about a network or other because they get low ecpm.

If you have 100k impressions and barely a few clicks that means you deserve to be paid for that traffic?

yanpub, Jul 12, 2014 IP
  8. ufshane

ufshane Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    My response to that is a two way street... if you have that traffic and your visitors are real, then the ad network is optimizing to your traffic properly. If that is the case, you absolutely should get paid and move to a different network after a period of time.

If your traffic is not legit, then no you absolutely should not be paid. As an advertiser I would never pay for fake traffic, clicks, etc.

ufshane, Jul 12, 2014 IP
  9. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, but it's very very strange that you have 100k impressions and few clicks. There's something wrong in the process. Or the impressions come from very low quality audience. In any case, you should not be paid until it's clear what's the problem.

10. yanpub

yanpub Member

Best Answers:
    A banner placed somethere when it can never be clicked ? Is this ok?Even if the traffic is real?A page wich is timed refreshing(with real traffic) it's ok? A pop with the same website just to create another impression ? It's ok?
    Actually is just one way: i have in adsense 1 click at 10/20 impressions . Thats a good click rate. When we talk about 1 click to 1000 impressions ...that's horible. I've seen even 2000-3000 impresions and no clicks...
    Even is the worst banner you can find online ....it deserve more clicks than that(people will click on it just to see who the heck made such an ugly banner :D).

I've paid to a high ranking website $200 for 1 month. 400.000 banner impressions and 50 clicks....i will never make the same mistake twice.. i hope

yanpub, Aug 2, 2014 IP