1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CPC out of control. Re-organize Ad groups Help

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Dutchie2, Sep 15, 2014.

Hey there,

I have been running an Adwords campaign for 4 years.

average CPC was always 0.12. Now up to 0.20/0.22
    It's to expensive for the product we are selling.

Landing page QS is 'more then average'

I would like to re-organize and make new adgroups that only contain 1 or 2 highly targeted keywords.

Problem is: when I start a new adgroup that are indeed highly targeted (keyword in title, adtext, on LP) I still start out with a keyword QS of 5 and have to pay 1.75 per click.

That is not profitable. What am I doing wrong?

I do would like to re-organize and create an even better relevancy and user experience but the adwords system makes it extremely hard to do so?

What can I do?

Many thanks in advance,
    Dutchie

Dutchie2, Sep 15, 2014 IP
  2. Anthony Capetola

Anthony Capetola Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey Dutchie,

Are these text ads? What kind of product are you selling? What platform is your site built into? This could be due to a number of reasons.

A) Sounds like automatic bidding which can cause a lot of havoc on certain campaigns
    B) Are you running and product listing ads on Google Shopping?

I can help but I would need a lot more than just your CPC to understand your campaigns and how to optimize them.

Anthony Capetola, Sep 15, 2014 IP
  3. Dutchie2

Dutchie2 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ehm.. you is banned? Thanks for the offered help anyway!

Dutchie2, Sep 24, 2014 IP
  4. Daniel.Thomas

Daniel.Thomas Member

Best Answers:
    I've never been in this situation but what I would do is, after creating the new highly targeted ad groups, set a max CPC until AdWords learns the new structure a gives you the corresponding QS.
    Also did you check the competition? Maybe new players started to bid on the same keywords as you and this could explain the increase in CPC

Daniel.Thomas, Nov 10, 2014 IP
  5. JonV6

JonV6 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would agree with Daniel.Thomas, AdWords will initially set your CPC high before it figures out just how good your ad is. Setting a low max CPC and leaving your account for 24 hours will give Google a chance to give your ads a proper once over and assign them the correct QS. All being well you should find out that your ads are much better quality then Google first thought.

JonV6, Nov 24, 2014 IP