1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CPC increases while CTR decreases

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by alexdale, Dec 22, 2011.

Hello,

About 2 months ago my average cpc was only about .25cents. Not it's already about .50cents and .80cents on my mobile site.

Does this mean google actually 'likes' my traffic? It's already in this range consistently for about a month now.

These sites' traffic comes from the US/Ca/UK/Au.

On the other hand, my ctr went down to only .03-.06%.

This may be due to the fact that my sites gets around 150,000 daily unique visitors.

These ads are above the fold. Using 300x250 and 728x90 text and image ads.

'Bout you? What's your average CPC and CTR?

Thanks

alexdale, Dec 22, 2011 IP
  2. blacknet

blacknet Active Member

Best Answers:
    CTR and CPC varies wildly across different sites, the last one I launched last week is getting 1500uv daily with 2.23% CTR av and av $0.04 CPC - one of my partners websites which she manages and posts on daily as a business get's 2k uv and 0.09% CTR with $0.25 CPC - meanwhile a huge site I manage (millions per day) gets $0.50 CPC and 0.03% CTR.

The more telling figures are in ad types/units/sizes and targeting types - have a good review of them, then consider using DFP or openx or similar.

blacknet, Jan 17, 2012 IP
  3. talenta

talenta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try to edit the code layout and type of ads units to find the best location
    may be useful

talenta, Feb 21, 2012 IP