1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

cPanel / WHM Application for Android Mobile

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by 400wheels, Apr 18, 2014.

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and this is my first question to all of you.

is anyone using Mobile App to manage cPanel / WHM Server? I was searching for few apps and got a following list. Is it secure to manage server with Third Party Mobile Application?

1. WHM App - 4.3 Star Rating
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cubereef.whmapp

2. WHM Client - 1.5 Star Rating
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.app2perfect.whm

3. Cliff Manager - 4.0 Star Rating
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.syntrio.iwm.act

Please suggest me. Which one will be good?

Your suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
    Tiesa

400wheels, Apr 18, 2014 IP
  2. Create Azure

Create Azure Peon

Best Answers:
    Hm. I've actually never heard of someone managing a WHM/cPanel server using a mobile device. I can't imagine it would be a pleasant process, and at a very minimum you could probably only do minor things (such as checking the daily process logs or suspending a user or two) from the mobile apps realistically. I can't actually imagine recompiling Apache with it, lol.

EDIT: Regarding the security, I would be very cautious when it comes to a third party application... I think you would be safer connecting directly.

Create Azure, Apr 25, 2014 IP
  3. Shagoon

Shagoon Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You should be able to do all the basic stuff just from your mobile browser accessing the desktop version of cPanel/WHM. I mean they're not all that heavy to handle even by a decent smartphone.
    I wouldn't honestly trust a google play app with a WHM login.

Shagoon, Apr 25, 2014 IP
  4. 400wheels

400wheels Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey Guys,

Thanks for your feedback.

Just to update you i did download 1st WHMApp and it's working as my expectation.

@Shagoon - Browsers are good but whenever you create an account and want to copy the log of Account Creation it's a headache. 1st app is giving log via e-mail too. Secondly i can say that i checked my login IP on server and it shows the same IP of my Android Device so i believe there is no third party script used to function.

@Create Azure - if you want to try... you can download the first app. it has a good number of features which everybody generally uses on regular basis. As said above it also don't have any php script running in background so it's secured. Developers of this app also claiming the same.

400wheels, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  5. Shagoon

Shagoon Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just because your IP is the one that logged into WHM doesn't mean the login details didn't go through their App, which it did... now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying their app is bad or that they're stealing your credentials, just saying it's an extra security risk.

Shagoon, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  6. 400wheels

400wheels Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hummm let me use it only on demo server for few days and verify the same. will update you very soon if anything comes out...

400wheels, Apr 29, 2014 IP
  7. shakensoul

shakensoul Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, what is your feedback regarding the app? Can you please share your experience.

shakensoul, Jun 21, 2015 IP
  8. Jason B

Jason B Peon

Best Answers:
    The "WHM App for Root & Reseller" is a good one, i have used that in the past

Jason B, Jun 22, 2015 IP