1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cpanel Issues

Discussion in 'Apache' started by Lebogang73, Feb 18, 2020.

Greetings,

I really need a help, I'm not that techie guy, but I have my way around WordPress development.

My problem is, I bought a 2 hosting packages from this new hosting but wanted to host my domains somewhere since I'm still happy with my domains registrar.

Now i have a problem in both cpanel from this new hosting and cpanel from my registrar. I am trying to add my domains in cpanel but I'm getting this error:

(XID kn5z59) Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

From my domains registrar cpanel getting this error:

• ns1.xxxxxxxxxxx.com is not responding authoritatively. Ensure the zone is configured properly with your web host. See this knowledgebase article for more information.
    • ns2.xxxxxxxxxxxx.com is not responding authoritatively. Ensure the zone is configured properly with your web host. See this knowledgebase article for more information.

Both support from new host and registrar blame each other.

Please help me, what could be the problem between my registrar and my new host.

Lebogang73, Feb 18, 2020 IP
  2. pavv

pavv Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    pavv, Feb 18, 2020 IP
  3. Tropp

Tropp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Im guessing you haven't pointed the A record for the domain to the correct IP yet and the server config requires it. You can create A records to point anywhere regardless of who the domain registrar is.

Tropp, Mar 1, 2020 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    And you can always check if your A record points to the correct IP using http://leafdns.com/

qwikad.com, Mar 1, 2020 IP
  5. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    From what I understood,
    your domain provider is not allowing you to change nameservers to point to your new host.
    Your new host is not allowing you to create account for the domain since the domain name is pointing elsewhere.

First, contact your host and inform about the error.
    Answer of "pavv" is what your webhost must allow so that accounts can be created without this check.

However, in your case I don't think this will work, because you are also not able to add nameservers given by hosting provider in your domain panel.

Do a ping and check which IP your nameservers are pointing, ones given by your webhost.

So for example your webhost gave you:
    ns1.xxx.com
    ns2.xxx.com

In windows, open Run, type CMD and hit enter.
    In the DOS window, type:

ping ns1.xxx.com

See what reply you get.
    You should be able to see the IP of your host.

If not, then there is a problem on webhost side.
    They must configure nameservers properly.

Second option is,
    (This is for my domain registrar, might work for you too)
    They allow me to make name servers of my own.
    They have given their default 4 nameservers, so first I set these as my domain's nameservers.

Next, I have to add entries, A records.
    My domain registrar calls this "Manage DNS", yours might call it something similar.
    Here I create 2 nameservers, like:
    ns1.mydomain.com
    ns2.mydomain.com
    Both pointing to IP of hosting provider.

Then there is a section called "Child nameservers".
    I add both ns1 and ns2.mydomain.com here as well,
    again pointing to same IP of webhost.

Once domain propagates, this side is complete.

ping mydomain.com
    will show me the IP of the host.

Then you can create account from cpanel.

JEET, Mar 2, 2020 IP