1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CPALead - Mass Account Termination.

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by WebmasterWorkforce, Jul 31, 2010.

1. asmodeus

asmodeus Notable Member

Best Answers:
    And all I'm asking is to be reasonable on point 1: 1. Account is inactive for 30 days. In this case, we will send the publisher a full check for the remaining amount even if they didn't reach the threshold.

I fully 100% understand all the rest of the rules. Fake content should be gone. Bots should be gone. Spamming is bad. End of discussion.

But banning someone who is inactive on ONLY the Cpalead website (since they are still promoting their own sites with the widgets) just makes no sense...at all. And the only reason still given is "fraud", which again makes no sense at all. Could you clarify this further please?

And saying its easy to just sign up again is really not so easy for a busy webmaster who may have 100's of pages or posts with the widget showing his OLD publisher ID number who would now have to update everything with the NEW number. That's a lot of work to create for some people just because they didn't log into your site.

If there is a REAL reason (that actually makes sense) behind this, then fine, but at least give a warning email first or extend it to 90 days or 6 months maybe (something more reasonable). Just trying to make sense of this to people who are asking me what's going on with Cpalead...

I appreciate your clarification, not OF the rule, but WHY the rule and for so short of a time period. Thanks.

asmodeus, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  2. irule272

irule272 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Read Robert's explanation here.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1089076&page=416#post14688960

irule272, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  3. asmodeus

asmodeus Notable Member

Best Answers:
    asmodeus, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  4. WebmasterWorkforce

WebmasterWorkforce Active Member

Best Answers:
    I made a single post on Craigslist and I didn't even get one lead from it. Your network was built by spammers raping sites like FaceBook. Your marketplace is full with all kinds of blackhat ebooks explaining step-by-step how to do all kinds of evil stuff as well as scripts to strip people's FaceBook friend lists. We can see right through you.

Did you think you could screw this many people at once and get away with it scott free? Troy, you are going to have to suffer the consequences for what you just pulled on this industry. My threads about you on some of the other big forums are doing quite well. Don't expect me to be easing off of you anytime soon. I'm just getting started.

:)

WebmasterWorkforce, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  5. chirag88

chirag88 Member

Best Answers:
    @Troy you must atleast give one warning to the user before banning !!!

chirag88, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  6. Imenik

Imenik Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello CPALeadTroy i wont to ask you to look what is with my account publisher ID #74904 and why i am banned. I dont have fake content on my site i give what i promise on my blog .If i brake some rules somebody from cpalead can tell me that with warning or something but no nobody give me any warning i get permanently ban from cpalead in last day of July.Before this ban i tell everyone who ask me how to earn money go to cpalead and get real money but after this i really dont know! I am so mad because i earn this money in period of 3 month and i really hard work to get my money.I think my account ban is big mistake and i really wont to back on cpalead and work again.Please Troy tell me can i back on cpalead and do i recive money i earned.

Regards

Imenik, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  7. CPALeadTroy

CPALeadTroy Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    cpalead is pulling the weeds out of their network and it shows. its about time cpalead. on behalf of the legit publishers with real content we are with you on this decision

CPALeadTroy, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  8. Italianhawk

Italianhawk Member

Best Answers:
    I have been frozen too. There is no reason for it other than I haven't filled out the required tax information. I should have filled it out to get my $200... Ughs hopefully this is the only issue. I didn't break tos.

Italianhawk, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  9. CPALeadTroy

CPALeadTroy Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    If you're banned, I can assure you it's for a much more serious reason than not having your tax information submitted. We do not ban for that reason. Here are the reasons why we terminate accounts, you should have received the reason why by email:

1. Account is inactive for 30 days. In this case, we will send the publisher a full check for the remaining amount even if they didn't reach the threshold.

2. Using bots to auto-fill our offers. This is an immediate ban without a chance of getting back into CPAlead. We have found A LOT of this recently.

3. Spamming. Much like the person who created this thread here, Spamming sites like Craigslist or Facebook will get you in deep trouble. Even if it's just a "one time" deal, you are still jeopardizing your whole account.

4. Fake content. If a user completes a survey, and does not receive their content, that is bad for our industry and the end-user experience. In cases like this, we will ban the publisher's account. However, publishers that are banned for this reason, can still come back and create another account with us as long as they give out REAL CONTENT. If they are caught with fake content again, we'll revoke earnings / terminate again.

CPALeadTroy, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  10. braddock

braddock Member

Best Answers:
    are there copyright violations? Sorry, I just skimmed through the TOS and didn't actually read it..much like a good portion of users hehe. My account is on hold, and if that's the case then I guess I know where I stand. I assumed since there were so many Facebook, movies, tv, music sites, etc... that any type of content was allowed. I sent an e-mail to my affiliate manager and I'm waiting on a reply to confirm...

I didn't break any of the four stated above

1- I log in each day
    2- I don't use bots, I'm not sure about my visitors
    3- I don't even advertise much less spam
    4- I have nearly 50gb of content

braddock, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  11. WebmasterWorkforce

WebmasterWorkforce Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have been talking with CPALead over the last few days trying to get some answers and they explained their side of the story to me and I can see their point. As it turns out they have pressure on them from a number of directions to clean house. They are enforcing their TOS assertively because they need to. I really don't think that they are thieves. I'm just chalking this all up as a lesson learned.

WebmasterWorkforce, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  12. AndreBLAMads

AndreBLAMads Peon

Best Answers:
    The CPA Lead ninja banned a lot of affiliates. Where they all in violation of TOS?

AndreBLAMads, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  13. Phillychzsteak

Phillychzsteak Active Member

Best Answers:
    My account was blocked from CPALead about a week ago. I've been a quality publisher for CPALead with my tv show network for a couple of years. The account block was a misunderstanding, and when I contacted my affiliate manager, we had a short conversation and got things sorted out quickly. If you're a quality publisher, you should be able to get things sorted out quickly. I respect that CPALead is putting up stronger methods of security throughout their network, and assure that this will only help them and their affiliates.

Phillychzsteak, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  14. flegmatic

flegmatic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My account got banned 2 :S. I don't know what to say. Im verry disapointed. I lost 300$ (Much for me) because I don't work. I would happy to speak with them about why I'm banned. I know i can explain everything.

flegmatic, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  15. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ive never used CPALEAD..... I dont have the right traffic... I dont like it when accounts get terminated :(

Jasonb, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  16. Lucky Gambler

Lucky Gambler Peon

Best Answers:
    Well i do got the mail from cpalead terminating my account due to inactivity but they did mentions one thing in it whatever your earning / balance in your account will be paid to you . And If u want to continue with cpalead please reapply this sound fair enough as recently my account was not having any activity so i was not earning anything if they suspended the account saying u will paid in full with whatever earning or balance in your account that what is that i should cry for , and they do mention if u want to reapply u can this mean they are taking more efforts to make there network stronger .

Lucky Gambler, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  17. flegmatic

flegmatic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry for bad english!

The worst thing about cpalead is:

Cpalead waited the end of the month to ban us and revoke earnings. They have marked our accounts they want to ban earlyer and waited the end of a month. To make more profit.

And btw. Troy don't BS here about how you need to give back money to advertisers.

SHAME ON YOU CPALEAD!!!!!!!!!

flegmatic, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  18. AndreBLAMads

AndreBLAMads Peon

Best Answers:
    Did they give you guys a reason in the email? Just curious.

AndreBLAMads, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  19. braddock

braddock Member

Best Answers:
    I never got an e-mail. My account is on hold, not sure if it's banned or going to get banned. I haven't gotten a reply from my affiliate manager yet, I'll wait a week and try again

braddock, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  20. branchise

branchise Active Member

Best Answers:
    Until i get this resolved from cpalead, i changed all my widgets to other network, they approve my websites, and im not breaking any TOS, as soon as i get back to cpalead, I hope at least they can explain me what is happening with my account, and what happens with my $1493.00 that i earned , i will think about to choose cpalead or the other network, all i can say is NOT A WAY.. to treat active publishers by this way, is totally unprofessional. 9 months with cpalead to see this treatment ?

Im very very dissapointed , i thought at least i was with the right company at the end, but i feel very frustated about this.. matter. Never in 16 years on internet i receive any accounts cancellations, i still have all my affiliate accounts active since i started and earning a legitimate income monthly.

I hope you resolve this

Mikel

branchise, Aug 2, 2010 IP