1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Couple of questions to a Joomla site update

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by davidjg, Dec 20, 2012.

Hello friends,

I have a couple of question, not sure it is okei for attack you with all my needs.. but here goes

I have been working on a new site parallel to the one i am currently using in order to update it when its ready. (not only i want to have a more modern style to the site (bought a new template, but also i want to have something more clean.. my "old site" is full of duplicate content and a litle messy with articles and menus, categories..)

i have a couple of doubts concerning this process of changing sites:

* what is the best way of doing this process? Create a total new site and then in the end put this new one up and the other off-line?

* Can I move all the articles i have in the normal to the second (and also keep using the different languages(falang)) or do i need to create all the articles again and the do all the translation?

* In terms of SEO, is it okei to have the articles of my services/products in side the virtuemart or i should have my products in a normal article and then add another description inside the virtuemart products?

* I want to have a form where people subscribe to my mailing list, but in a way that they are "downloading" a Free E-book. Something like this: (smartpassiveincome.com on the right where people can get his Ebook). Any suggestion? I was thinking of using a mail chimp mail list, but i am not sure i can have such form (with a nice picture and text about the ebook) re-directing to my maill chimp list.

I know this is a lot of requests, hope i am not bothering you.

Thank u soo much!!

David

davidjg, Dec 20, 2012 IP
  2. sarah_23

sarah_23 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I am unable to answer your all questions but it will affect your seo as it happens to me,

When i changed my website from 123x.com to 123x.com/x . All the url changed and my ranking significantly was down for about a month as it's gives a lot of broken link error. My visitor's bounce rate reached to all most 100% for a week. U should need a professional to do it if you don't want to get hurt your ranking and visitors count.

sarah_23, Nov 15, 2013 IP