1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Could use some feedback

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Labrock, May 22, 2006.

Okay, I have a pretty successful website, about the third largest in this industry. It's kind of an online magazine.

Anyway, I want to add a blog which brings me to my question.

Is it better to add the blog to the same domain, or should I create an entirely new domain for it?

Thanks.

Labrock, May 22, 2006 IP
  2. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    make it yourdomain.com/blog ! ... why would you put a blog on other domain if it is related to your online magazine ;)

iatbm, May 22, 2006 IP
  3. donteatchicken

donteatchicken Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd go with the sub-domain:

blog.yourdomain.com

That way everything including mysql is in a separate domain/folder/user/ftp but yet part of your original domain url.

donteatchicken, May 22, 2006 IP
  4. Respiro

Respiro Peon

Best Answers:
    I would go with yourdomain.com/blog If you'll give a search on Google, you'll see that this version is most popular than the blog.yourdomain.com.

Respiro, May 26, 2006 IP
  5. TechnoGeek

TechnoGeek Peon

Best Answers:
    As concerning to search engines, I think that is better if you use

www.yourdomain.com/blog

as this help to increase the overall page rank of your site.

TechnoGeek, May 27, 2006 IP
  6. meybaud35mm

meybaud35mm Peon

Best Answers:
    im not sure if you are creating your own php manager or purchasing an rss feed manager, but... generally speaking, if you host on your own server and domain you can manipulate the user filters more. meaning... the problems people face if creating more than one blog in one day (which can be flagged as spam) etc. also... in regards to seo, yahoo really seems to pay alot of attention to rss feeds. if you use a manager like wordpress, you can set up feeds using atom, rss, rss2. i have also heard some compeling theories on "one page per post" setup (which is supposed to be better). whatever you do, make sure you get your template the way you want it, because there is a good chance you will have to republish the blog if you make major changes.

meybaud35mm, May 31, 2006 IP