1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Could somebody help me come up with a plan to get more visitors?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by kelp, Oct 1, 2005.

1. kelp

kelp Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think I could make a large profit on African Violets. The most unique visitors possible in a day would be 500. How else should I research? I don't want to waste my time and money into a page where I can't get a return. With a niche site, it seems that your earnings would stop increasing at its peak, but with a more mainstream site, you could keep maximizing your earnings. A few niche sites probably wouldn't earn as much as one major site.

I think I may experiment with both these sites. A digital camera deal site interests me more even with all the competition that would be impossible to match. The slowness of my current deal site is discouraging, though. Maybe it's my fault, I'm just blaming those other bigger sites on the failure. Watch the same thing happen to a digicam deal site ;)

kelp, Oct 2, 2005 IP
  2. Deano

Deano Sail away with me.

Best Answers:
    Heres an estimate of what you need to do to make the top 10 for african violets.

We suggest that you need at least 19 quality PR4+ inbound links with the anchor text 'african violets' to stand a chance at top 10 ranking in the Google search engine.

Keep in mind the number shown above only reflects PR4+ inbound links as shown by google. Other search engines show that there may actually be up to 64 lesser links that may be needed.

The above number is our calculation of what should be needed to achieve a top 10 spot and should not be taken as a proven "fact". This is merely our opinion of what you will need, nothing more. Further, if there are any listings above showing '0' the results may be skewed.

Figures used for the above calculations are as follows:
    Rank Website Google Yahoo MSN
    1 ianrpubs 0 247 0
    2 avsa 65 825 0
    3 african-violets 31 587 0
    4 african-violets.c 0 63 0
    5 aggie-horticulture.tamu.ed 29 388 0
    6 theplantexpert 0 81 0
    7 lyndonlyon 15 455 0
    8 optimara 106 720 0
    9 avsc 15 135 0
    10 robsviolet 37 540 0

Deano, Oct 2, 2005 IP
  3. kelp

kelp Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm looking for a feasible site topic where I can compete in the search engines with not too much difficulty. I'm trying to be persistent with my current deals site, but it just seems impossible to get some visitors because of the other major sites. I'm going to experiment with both these site topics. Anyone want to discourage me from thes before I purchase domain names?

My biggest concern would be from the camera deal site. It's for normal consumers looking to purchase a digital camera. What would make them visit my page instead of a better established one. My biggest problem would be promoting this site without a budget.

I just need to get Steve's Digicams and Imaging Resource to link to me.

kelp, Oct 2, 2005 IP