1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Could not load file or assembly Microsoft.Data.EDM Version=5.2.0.0

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Abbie Clair, Mar 31, 2016.

Hello everyone!
    Currently I am working on a LightSwitch application created by some other person before. It was working fine on his development environment but the time when I copied that solution to my system, it returned some errors related to assembly references. I tried to remove and add those references many times but I think there must be some version problem.

Now it returns following type of errors.
    Could not load file or assembly Microsoft.Data.EDM Version=5.2.0.0
    Could not load file or assembly Microsoft.Data.OData Version=5.2.0.0
    And any other library like abc.xyz version=1.1.0.0 etc.

I have added version 5.2.0.0. What changes do I need to make in order to run these versions of assemblies.

Any help would highly be appreciated. Thanks!

Solved! View solution.
    Abbie Clair, Mar 31, 2016 IP
    Hi Abbie!
    First of all please verify the version of the actual referenced dll file with the version mentioned in web.config file.

For example in our case we have a reference of Microsoft.Data.EDM Version=5.2.0.0

And we have following code in our web.config.

<dependentAssembly>

<assemblyIdentity name="Microsoft.Data.Edm" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" culture="neutral" />

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-5.6.0.0" newVersion="5.6.0.0" />

</dependentAssembly>

Try to replace <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-5.6.0.0" newVersion="5.6.0.0" /> with

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-5.2.0.0" newVersion="5.2.0.0" />.

I hope this will probably solve the issue. If not you may want to get help from: http://blog.itlinksolutions.com/post/2016/03/31/Could-not-load-file-or-assembly-Microsoft-Data-EDM-Version-5200.aspx

mikeneon, Apr 4, 2016 IP
  3. Abbie Clair

Abbie Clair Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Mike! I really admire your efforts! Thank you so much!

Abbie Clair, Apr 5, 2016 IP