1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback Could I remove CNAME recorder after domain verification?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by BlazingSEO, Nov 8, 2017.

Domain is verified and save - could it be removed or it will be used with time?

BlazingSEO, Nov 8, 2017 IP
  2. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Based on my experience, it is possible to remove CNAME/TXT or HTML file verification once the domain has been verified.

There are few sales threads with expired domains in marketplace and the thread owner still hold its ownership (even after CNAME and file verification is no longer exist).
    It means once domain has been verified, it will stay verified under first owner*.

While it is easy to remove CNAME and HTML file verification after the domain has been verified, I think it is better not to remove it. In my opinion, each CNAME and file verification is unique and safe.

Having CNAME/TXT record will not reduce domain's value. Keeping File Verification in root folder would not slowing down website nor take too much space.

There is no security flaw having CNAME and file verification. It has been common procedure to verify domain ownership.

* The rules maybe changed in future. A new feature could be added in future such as re-checking ownership once it re-listed or sales thread being modified. So, it is better to keep domain ownership verification if the domain/website is still available for sale.
    If the domain is used to provide service such as hosting, etc. I encourage to keep the ownership verification in root folder or DNS record.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    Arick unirow, Nov 8, 2017 IP
  3. BlazingSEO

BlazingSEO Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Arick unirow, great thank for your reply.

BlazingSEO, Nov 8, 2017 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You can remove it if you aren't going to use it for anything else. Later if you want to relist or use other services that require domain verification (Digital Point Ads, etc.) you would need to readd it. It doesn't hurt anything, but it can be removed if you aren't going to do anything with it in the future.

digitalpoint, Nov 8, 2017 IP
    Arick unirow likes this.