1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Could I get busted for this?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Vagabondette, Sep 22, 2008.

I purchased a domain name that I think is good - but I don't have time to develop a new site right now. I was thinking of just adding some RSS feeds to it from multiple sources and throwing up some adsense and just letting it go - if I make something great if not, whatever. Then, when I have time I can really have a go at making something out of it.

However, if that could put my account at risk it's not worth it. I see tons of sites like this out there, but I also know that there are tons of sites that are breaking the rules. I make good money through adsense from another domain and I don't want to lose that.

Thanks

Vagabondette, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  2. ainmohd

ainmohd Peon

Best Answers:
    I have yet to hear anything about G penalising sites (displaying adsense ads) with contents from rssfeeds.

The main problem is that rssfeeds (most of them) do not open in new windows (visitors going away).

ainmohd, Sep 22, 2008 IP
    Vagabondette likes this.
  3. Joseph S

Joseph S Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you display an excerpt from the rss feeds then you have content on your site that some people might find useful, therefore, you can add adnsese.

Joseph S, Sep 22, 2008 IP
    Vagabondette likes this.
  4. Vagabondette

Vagabondette Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent, thanks to you both. That's what I thought but I just wanted to make sure. The big G can be so picky! Now I just have to find a site that will combine RSS feeds from a bunch of sources. :)

Vagabondette, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  5. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In the terms it says sites that are there for the purpose of only displaying ads are not allowed, and it sounds like yours would be for that purpose.

stOx, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  6. Vagabondette

Vagabondette Member

Best Answers:
    No, not really. I'll do the RSS feeds one way or the other - whether I put ads on there or not. I don't think it's worth it to have it sitting there empty when I can at least have something on there. But I figured if I can put some ads on then why not? Honestly, I don't expect to get either traffic or revenue from this site as I don't plan on doing anything to promote it. This is just in case someone happens to stumble across it at least there's something there. Pretty much just parking the page.

If it were only for displaying ads I wouldn't have the feeds on there. :)

Vagabondette, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  7. nandalinnaung

nandalinnaung Peon

Best Answers:
    oh.. i was thinking of the same. thank god i join this forum

a lot of experts here.

thanks guys

nandalinnaung, Sep 23, 2008 IP
  8. buzzmaker

buzzmaker Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't yet read anywhere on the internet that a site or account got banned from adsense for displaying Only RSS content. But I think I wouldn't dare do the same thing and risk my account. It would be okay not to earn anything from adsense account for a few days rather than risking it forever.

I think it is already their in adsense's terms that one should not put ads on pages like, 'coming soon', 'under construction' etc but not sure about RSS content.

buzzmaker, Sep 24, 2008 IP