1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Could Blackhat SEO actually be GOOD for the internet?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by SM-Services, Apr 2, 2014.

I am not a blackhatter myself when it comes to driving traffic but I was thinking whether the huge dark side of the web might actually be good for the internet. Think about it, Bitcoin as a currency is only getting stronger and stronger (technologically) because there is so many people out to steal and hack it, so that it ultimately becomes exponentially stronger.

The more blackhat stuff that is going on, ultimately the internet will become a better experience for everyone, in the long run. Remember, we're still in the early stages of this thing.

Just a longterm thought.

SM-Services, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  2. Investophant

Investophant Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Agreed about the Bitcoin thing... the web is pretty centralized though isn't it?

Investophant, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  3. My Property Stores

My Property Stores Active Member

Best Answers:
    Black hat technique can rank your website quickly but once you get caught you're gone.
    Google will penalize you & you got to start from scratch again.

My Property Stores, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  4. Pooja Gupta

Pooja Gupta Member

Best Answers:
    Black hat technique is not good for SEO. It is helpful for increase the ranking of the website quickly but it is not the right technique.If Google find that you are doing black hat then your site will be penalized.

Pooja Gupta, Apr 2, 2014 IP
  5. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you are defiantly correct @SM-Services as when it comes to the traffic having black hat technique is best but i am sure you can't plan using black hat for long term. It is just not going to benefit you other than it is going to hurt you ..... I can agree with you if i have short term plans but i wouldn't if i am looking for the long term benefits.

John Dave, Apr 3, 2014 IP
  6. CrazyBuddy

CrazyBuddy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Blackhat definitely works ....But only if you know what you are doing.

CrazyBuddy, Apr 4, 2014 IP
  7. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Do personal integrity and pride in our work fit in anywhere here?

Jim4767, Apr 4, 2014 IP
    sarahk, Nigel Lew and ryan_uk like this.
  8. daones

daones Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well its always good to have diversity on the internet. If one competitor does black hat the wrong way it just ends up helping your own site.

daones, Apr 5, 2014 IP
  9. Derek Land

Derek Land Active Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree that black hat stuff is good for the internet. Freedom of speech aside, blah blah all that sort of jazz, the truth is that black hat SEO makes sites that shouldn't be organically appearing appear - bumping out, many times, content that is more worthy - more informative, more well referenced, &c. If that were the case, we'd be inundated with spam and crap that carries no real intellectual value; it would be like saying email spam or phone spam is good for the email or phone industries - finding a cagier way to entice someone into providing their bank numbers to their long lost uncle in Nigeria doesn't add any value whatsoever.

That doesn't mean I think it's morally wrong to abuse Google, but I don't go overboard with bad techniques and I don't provide junk content, even on my private networks; I love the idea that I can get a little of my own back with them shafting everyone and his brother with their data mining and corrupt practices. But then again, black hat or not, Google doesn't approve of ANY SEO strictly speaking. They're not out to make it easier to force something to the top.

Derek Land, Apr 5, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  10. ajirawat

ajirawat Member

Best Answers:
    You are free in this world... do what ever you like... but be smart not to get penalized by google

ajirawat, Apr 7, 2014 IP
  11. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Black hat must exist, so white hat can exist. There can`t be good without evil. I can see the big picture you`re thinking about.

webcosmo, Apr 7, 2014 IP
  12. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Did half you guys even read the first post and think about what the OP was discussing?

I'm with @Derek Land - what's good for the individual site is not necessarily good for the community.

As for @webcosmo - what perverted world do you live in? If we accept evil as a necessary part of life I'm sure we'd be worse off.

sarahk, Apr 7, 2014 IP
  13. Derek Land

Derek Land Active Member

Best Answers:
    You managed to say in 1/10 the words what I was trying to get at in two paragraphs. That's why you get the big bucks. :)

Sometimes Google even does it to themselves, bumping crap sites with little actual value. eHow, for example. Google thinks those pages are made of gold-plated unicorns that poop rainbows, but I have yet to read or encounter anyone who's found something valuable on there.

Derek Land, Apr 7, 2014 IP