1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cost of setting up site in Magento

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by neeshu, Jun 6, 2016.

Hi,
    I am looking to make an ecommerce site and people say that plugins etc on Magento are paid, to what extent should I expect to spend in case I make a website in Magento. I am completely new to PHP

neeshu, Jun 6, 2016 IP
  2. lukey372

lukey372 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your question is pretty vague. You would need to figure out which plugins you wanted/needed. You will also need to take into account the cost of a theme / design.
    So you may be looking at $xxx to $x,xxx.

lukey372, Jun 6, 2016 IP
  3. IdosellShop

IdosellShop Banned

Best Answers:
    What special features do you need? Omnichannel? POS? WMS? Payments GW? Couriers? Data collectors?

IdosellShop, Jun 7, 2016 IP
  4. geoffrey foggon

geoffrey foggon Member

Best Answers:
    have a look in to prestashop they have lots of good plugin some are free some not so. I have run both scripts and prestashop was my final choice its also free do download and self host.

geoffrey foggon, Jun 10, 2016 IP
  5. geoffrey foggon

geoffrey foggon Member

Best Answers:
    Also forgot to mention if you go through hosting companys like hostgator they offer one click installs on both platforms.

geoffrey foggon, Jun 10, 2016 IP
  6. SlimCharles47

SlimCharles47 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    SlimCharles47, Jun 28, 2016 IP
  7. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I get magento. I really do. I use the love the stuff but I simply had to punt it. Its prohibitively complex to do pretty much anything and frankly wrecks servers.

Even crazy high budget stuff where I had folks dropping cash left and right for wonky shipping rules and stuff was a complete pain. You can do whatever you want with woo commerce in a fraction of the time and a fraction of the cost. Its frankly secretary level stuff as well.

To specifically answer your question, your sanity.

steer clear of that stuff!
    Nigel

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
    Nigel Lew, Jun 28, 2016 IP
  8. enlightened ecommerce

enlightened ecommerce Member

Best Answers:
    if you want to own the best solution then possibly u need to put little bit more efforts that's all. Magento is by no means complicated, a half hour of demo will teach you on how to handle the backend by yourself. The thing is that magento has too many features which most of the customers may never use, whereas other solutions tackle the basic essentials. Because of its vast features the learning curve is more.

Like all open source code applications magento too has free and paid plugins, depending on your functionality requirement you need to take a call. Magento has been widely accepted by lots of business and therefore has a wide network of support, you will find a magento developer almost in every street corner so it is not that hard to find the service.

I like woocommerce as well, and I will advise that to a start up business which doesn't need complicated features.

enlightened ecommerce, Jun 29, 2016 IP