1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Correct way to add keywords...

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by Ichibanda, May 2, 2005.

Hi all-

I am pretty new to the whole seo and optmiization thing and have a question. I recently read somewhere ont he itnernet that your keywords should be formatted in this manner

blue widget, brown, green, big widgets, and etc.

The articles was stating that if you add your keywrods in this manner
    blue widget, brown widget, green widget, big widgets and etc.

That you can easily be penalized for keyword stuffing and over optmization. That instead you should list your keywords in order of importance and then delete out the repeat words and jsut leave in the new words and the search engine will still pull both of the keywords together to give you "brown widgets".

Is this true? If so then I have been going about it all wrong. I have been adding in al lthe words and not deleting out hte duplicates. DOH!

Any help?

Thanks in advance
    Ichibanda

Ichibanda, May 2, 2005 IP
  2. Jim bob 9 pants

Jim bob 9 pants Peon

Best Answers:
    Your post makes little sense to me, but hey.

Write your pages with natural text, write it in the same way you would explain it to some one, not stuffed with KW's but use them, look at seoguy (type that in to google)

If you just list kw after kw then you will not get anywhere fast.

Jim bob 9 pants, May 2, 2005 IP
  3. Ichibanda

Ichibanda Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi there-

Sorry about that it didn't make much sense. I was referring to the Keyword meta tag and how it should be formatted.

Let me try an example and see if that helps.

Is this okay?
    <META NAME="KEYWORDS" CONTENT="3 color website templates, 3 color web site templates, 3 color website design, 3 color website, 3 color web sites, 3 color web design">

Or should I delede out the words that repeat?
    <META NAME="KEYWORDS" CONTENT="3 color website templates, web site, design, sites">

In the second option I put words in only once and even though they might appear in a phrase a second time I deleted the repeat word out to avoid spaming the search engine or keyword stuffing.

Does that help clarify?

Thnks
    Ichibanda

Ichibanda, May 2, 2005 IP
  4. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    Instead of saying. I went to the show today and it was cool While there we saw...

I went to Leesburg Bikefest 2005 today, it was great. While at the Leesburg Bikefest we saw... Later that night there was another live show at Leesburg Bikefest and the Starship played in Leesburg town Square.

Blah Blah...

noppid, May 2, 2005 IP
  5. Jim bob 9 pants

Jim bob 9 pants Peon

Best Answers:
    I think (and only think) that you may get away with it twice, with other terms mixed in, and if that example is a true example remember we pommies spell color colour!!

Jim bob 9 pants, May 2, 2005 IP
  6. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes do it that way. you are right.
    but only put as keywords words that appear on your page.

check the source of any deep pages on my site...and you will see how to do it.
    except... make your descriptions meta more 'descriptive' than mine.
    mine aren't as descriptive...too many pages to write individual descriptions. :(

Solicitors Mortgages, May 2, 2005 IP