1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

correct spelling /slight error?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by tony84, Dec 4, 2004.

Hi,
    i have 2 search terms im trying to go for.

both terms are about hard house music
    but without trying my site is about 30th for hardhouse(without the space), and and about 400th for hard house(with the space) they arnt the search terms exactly but they both include that word/phrase

so my question is do i go for the correct spelling or do i try to get to the 1st page (ithink im on the second already) or do i go for the correct spelling and try to move up 39 pages which seems like it will be VERY hard to do?

cheers
    Tony

tony84, Dec 4, 2004 IP
  2. subseo

subseo Guest

Best Answers:
    Why not go for both?

subseo, Dec 4, 2004 IP
  3. Such Great Heights

Such Great Heights Peon

Best Answers:
    By checking the keyword suggestion tool (wordtracker side) it looks like hard house gets searched significantly more often. So you might get more traffic if you were ranked #3 for hard house (w/ space) than if you were ranked #1 for hardhouse (w/o space).

hard house 73.0/day
    hardhouse 48.0/day

Such Great Heights, Dec 4, 2004 IP
  4. janecompersnews

janecompersnews Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd work on both too. Pick up alternating links, one way then the other until I had a good ranking for one then I'd just work on the other for a while.

Good luck.

Jane

janecompersnews, Dec 5, 2004 IP
  5. tony84

tony84 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    my page has just started though, so im going for more on page optimisation at the minute, and also the correct spelling to move up 40 pages, i can do a little seo but i dont think im capable of getting to anywhre near the top page, im sure i could probably move up to about page 10 in a few weeks but in that time i could possible be somewhere near the top of page 1 for the slight spelling error

tony84, Dec 5, 2004 IP