1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jrbiz, Feb 1, 2020.

1. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    probably the best for all our countries. Not that I'm volunteering

sarahk, Apr 11, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  2. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some towns/cities lay across state lines also.

Actually some states do recognize the carry licenses of other states. For instance, you can travel with an Indiana license to Florida. Each of the states along the way accepts out-of-state licenses. At least this was the case two years ago. Haven't heard of any changes.

I've seen reports that insurance companies are already reducing rates by 20% & 25%.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2020
    JoeSpirit, Apr 11, 2020 IP
    1 person likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I have a friend who has a license to carry in Massachusetts and Connecticut, but could not get one here in Rhode Island until very recently. So, previously, he had to not cut through RI to get to CT from MA which lengthened his trips to CT by quite a bit. He recently got that RI license which now allows him to carry on his trips to CT.
    I need to look into that. Would be a nice reduction in costs and totally appropriate.

jrbiz, Apr 11, 2020 IP
  4. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    USAA - 20% for two months. Farmers - 25%. Progressive - 20%.

Map of states that accept Indiana permit and states that don't: https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/in-gun-laws/

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2020
    JoeSpirit, Apr 11, 2020 IP
    1 person likes this.
  5. adel80

adel80 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Covid19 show that humans need to update theire knowledge about desease and about general health And i hope we understood the lesson

adel80, Apr 11, 2020 IP
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It's not that easy, because the old viruses mutate and new ones show up out of nowhere. It's been noted that worldwide pandemics happen every 100 years. There was one in 1720, 1817, 1918 and 2020. It could be a coincidence of course.

qwikad.com, Apr 11, 2020 IP
  7. adel80

adel80 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes thats true but the probelm we are not treating health as surviving Matter any more as we should

adel80, Apr 11, 2020 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That must exhausting!
    When I was in my early 20s I was "flatting" - sharing a house with a group of friends, sometimes strangers. Sometimes if someone moved out it meant you all had to move so I was probably moving about once a year. I can't imagine having to limit your house search to a particular part of the city so you didn't need all the drama of changing state. It's curious how stuff isn't national.

You mean like how antibiotics can't kill viruses?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    sarahk, Apr 11, 2020 IP
  9. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The interesting thing about azithromycin is that quite a few studies over the years in its use as an antibiotic have also found anti-viral effects in bronchial tubes. The mechanism is unknown, but it has been documented. Here is a link to a 2010 NIH study:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20150207

jrbiz, Apr 11, 2020 IP
  10. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    It can be confusing. I think the best example is Kansas City. It's actually two different cities that share a common border. Kansas City, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas. There is a river that separates them. Kansas City, Missouri was founded first and at the time Kansas was not yet a state.

JoeSpirit, Apr 12, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  11. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    There are exceptions to every rule right?

I think that mainstream medicine's blind eye to natural cures is a major hindrance to the activity of what they're supposed to do - healing. I often wonder if the use of antibiotics for viral cases is nothing more than a hope for a placebo effect.

jrbiz likes this.
  12. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Along these lines, I have been a big fan of the nutritional supplement called Airborne. It is chockfull of vitamins and minerals that are intended to boost your immune system against colds, sore throats, flu, etc. Since I began using Airborne whenever I felt an illness coming on, it has greatly reduced the length and severity of and/or totally stopped the particular ailment I was coming down with. I tell people about it all of the time. Is it a placebo effect? I doubt it after all of these years of success, but even if it is, it is great!

We have so many drugs, antibiotics or not, that we use for various maladies and for which we do not understand how or why they work that you cannot even keep count. We just know that they work. The fact that an antibiotic, for example, might kill a virus is not outside the realm of possibilities. The NIH study I listed above actually was double-blind and used placebos for half the patients. It was documented to have anti-viral effects.

jrbiz, Apr 12, 2020 IP
  13. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So, which one has the better barbeque???

jrbiz, Apr 12, 2020 IP
  14. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    My Mother and Sister use Airborne and swear by it. I'm aware that it has a menu of vitamins but haven't looked at the list.

As an amateur nutritionist, I've watched my body over the years and study the conditions I experienced. Then I look for vitamins and minerals that address those conditions. The result is that I've designed a regimen that works well for me and see no need to alter it at this time.

When I was in my 20s and caught a cold it always seemed to last three weeks if I didn't do anything to treat it. When I took cold medications it only lasted 21 days.

Now if I actually do catch a cold it rarely lasts more than 4 days. It's a rare occurrence for me to catch one.

jrbiz likes this.
  15. JoeSpirit

Best Answers:
    I haven't personally spent enough time in that area to properly answer that.

jrbiz likes this.
  16. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    LOL, that reminded me of a conversation I had once with the former chief of thoracic surgery at Moscow Hospital. He had immigrated to the U.S. and was working as a security guard in my office building while he studied to take the medical exam. He used to say that there motto for many ailments were, "If we let this illness run its course without intervention, it will take 30 days for the patient to recover; however, if we treat this illness aggressively with our most modern medicine, we can cure the patient in a month."

jrbiz, Apr 12, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  17. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    "And if we all wear our tinfoil hats we can cure the patient in a week".

Spoiltdiva, Apr 12, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit and jrbiz like this.
  18. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Not really. The supposed "paradises" that others invaded and colonized were actually pretty bad places to live, in the first place. E.g., here in North America, the Native Americans who were here prior to the colonies being established, had invasion wars all of the time, took slaves from other tribes, raped their women, pillaged their villages, and more. Humans do nasty stuff everywhere and throughout history. It is amusing that so many people are laboring under the delusion that the colonized natives were noble, peace-loving people who were only victimized by the colonizers. They just had less effective weapons or they would have won and done much the same that the colonizers did.

jrbiz, Apr 12, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  19. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The Cherokee owned black slaves. The Apaches used to leave live babies of their enemies on the needles of cactus trees to die a slow death. Another neat trick was to tie their enemies on the ground to wooden pegs covered in honey over an ant nest.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2020
    Spoiltdiva, Apr 12, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit and jrbiz like this.
  20. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You missed the point about there being no people.

sarahk, Apr 12, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.