1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Coronavirus

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jrbiz, Feb 1, 2020.

1. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    True. It has come to that.

JoeSpirit, Apr 10, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    we lost a woman in her 90s yesterday. A visitor to her rest home had been in Italy, probably being caring by visiting on their return but infected 15 staff. They're not testing many of the residents because it would distress them. I feel so sorry for her. She must have been bewildered by all the fuss. Hopefully the palliative care reduced much of the pain.

We're lucky that she was only our second death and we've seen the Hart Island drone footage but it's still awful.

sarahk, Apr 10, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    This is not unique to my state in the U.S. All border towns in all states have large amounts of traffic between them. In fact, there are rarely any demarcations on the local roads, so you are not even really aware of which state you are in as you drive around. It is only on the major highways that they have signs telling you when you are leaving a state or entering a state which is a total non-event. All driver's licenses, etc., are good in any state. The only people who really worry about which state they are in (as far as I am aware) are those folks who are licensed by a state to carry a concealed weapon. That is a state-only license and does not transfer as you cross state lines.

One thing is for sure, if the People's Republic of Rhode Island seceded from the country, I would move to a red state, for sure.

According to our records, Jeannette bought our first "Roswell Special" model in 1947 and has been a consistent client ever since. Of course, we serve just about all of the "Nut"ley NJ township, anyway.

California brings it up on occasion, as well. Truth be told, I would love to see a blue state/red state split up of the country, though the geographical split would be difficult. The blue states would never do this because, deep down, they realize that they could not survive without the subsidies that come from the red states via the federal government.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2020
    jrbiz, Apr 10, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    huh, we hear about people having to get new number plates for their car, new licenses, new bank accounts when they move to a different state. Good to hear that bureaucracy has gone by the wayside

sarahk, Apr 10, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    My original point was that if there is any doctor in the U.S. who is not aware of Hydroxycholorquine, s/he is extremely ill-informed, given the news coverage and probably should lose their license. Part of being a doctor is staying up to date on the latest treatments as they come out. But mostly, if any doctor here in the U.S. refused to consider to use any drug because Trump was talking it up (Trump Bad!), then that doctor should lose his/her license immediately. They are supposed to be making clinical decisions, not political ones.

My understanding is that the actual test for flu or coronavirus is very uncomfortable. Apparently, they have to stick the swab way up your nose and into the sinus cavity and it is not fun. I have never had it done, but my wife has and has confirmed that it is not a pleasant test to take. That could be part of the reasoning on this.

Wow, only two deaths. How many have died from influenza during this same time period?

jrbiz, Apr 10, 2020 IP
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I was talking about simply driving over the border to shop, go to work, or whatever transient activity you may perform. If you move your legal residence to a new state, you need to become a citizen of that state, get a new driver's license, register to vote, sign up with your town and the state to pay taxes, get called to jury duty, etc. You do not need to change your bank account, though it may be more convenient to do so.

jrbiz, Apr 10, 2020 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    sarahk, Apr 10, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit and jrbiz like this.
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Funny! On a related note, the Attorney General of Massachusetts has pointed out that the car insurance companies are paying out far fewer claims these days due to the very limited car travel that is taking place (as also evidenced by the cost of a gallon of gasoline here which has plummeted due to a lack of demand.) She is charged with overseeing all insurance agencies in the state and is asking the car insurers to cut their rates due to the current situation.

jrbiz, Apr 10, 2020 IP
  9. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Do you realize that NZ's death rate has actually DOUBLED in the last few days? What the blazes is your skinny prime minister doing? She needs to get her act together!

Spoiltdiva, Apr 10, 2020 IP
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I can ship a bunch of tinfoil hats there to help with this amazing crisis! Just imagine if the death rate continues down this path and doubles again!

jrbiz, Apr 10, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  11. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    My God in heaven! We could be looking at 4 deaths at this rate!:eek:

jrbiz likes this.
  12. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Just to illustrate how dissembling the Fake News Media is, they are leading today with this news: Clovid-19 is the leading cause of death today in the U.S. That is a one-day snapshot for today only, of course. Now, when there is a big plane crash that kills many hundreds of people in a single day, the headline could read the same for plane crashes. :rolleyes:

Of course, their low-information news consumers will be panicked and horrified...

jrbiz, Apr 10, 2020 IP
  13. seogator

seogator Member

Best Answers:
    Im not racist people but now I hate china peoples.

seogator, Apr 10, 2020 IP
  14. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    ^^^You sir are a total and complete moron. *salak

15. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, we do not have a tinfoil hat for that...

jrbiz, Apr 10, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit, Spoiltdiva and malky66 like this.
  16. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I have another solution for that, but I'll probably get banned for suggesting it....

malky66, Apr 10, 2020 IP
    JoeSpirit and jrbiz like this.
  17. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    What about your Dunce hat model?

jrbiz likes this.
  18. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It has been stuck in our R&D department for a while now. Every time I ask them about it, they say things like "Trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.." and "You can't get blood out of a stone..." It's not the tinfoil hat, it is the head that it is sitting on.

jrbiz, Apr 10, 2020 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  19. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    And we just doubled again

sarahk, Apr 10, 2020 IP
  20. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Wow. Doubled in LESS than 24 hours. I hope you are packed and ready to abandon the Kiwi Islands as in LESS than 20 days, ALL Kiwilanders will be dead and Kiwiland will revert to back how it was before invaded by people.

mmerlinn, Apr 10, 2020 IP
    jrbiz likes this.