1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Copywriting Insurance

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Gavin77, Dec 27, 2015.

Hey guys,

For all of you who do freelance copywriting or content writing, do you have insurance to protect you in the worst case that you get sued by your client?

I have been searching for providers online and am a bit lost on the topic and need some help. I currently have a thorough contract covering the basics, and stating that the client is responsible for all results of publishing the content, however I wonder if this is enough.

I'm mainly an SEO content writer, and am original with all of my work - testing everything for plagiarism with CopyScape, but I just worry about getting blindsided by something.

Gavin77, Dec 27, 2015 IP
  2. tomarmstrong

tomarmstrong Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Why could you get sued by your clients?

tomarmstrong, Dec 29, 2015 IP
  3. Gavin77

Gavin77 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am just new to freelancing and want to make sure I am following all guidelines to get up-and-running officially. Probably am overanalyzing, but just want to be sure I have all the legal aspects down so I can just focus on creating the copy as best as I can.

Gavin77, Dec 30, 2015 IP
  4. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Problem here, and reason why we don't understand how you can be sued, is that there's no such thing as "copywriting insurance" because what you are exposing is about potential COPYRIGHT infringement, which is usually not discussed in this forum, but the legal-related.

One zillion time said here, Copyright and Copywriting, aren't the same thing, as noted in this sticky thread, https://forums.digitalpoint.com/thr...s-article-spinners-or-to-hire-writers.736668/

Mystique, Jan 1, 2016 IP
  5. Karri

Karri Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I write and then I give the piece to the company or person that ordered it. The only reason there would be a reason for a lawyer is if they refused to pay me. And even then I'd go with the good old fashioned kneecap-way of retrieving my money.

Karri, Jan 27, 2016 IP
  6. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You must be from New Jersey.:)

Spoiltdiva, Jan 27, 2016 IP
  7. niksto82

niksto82 Member

Best Answers:
    When you mentioned insurance I thought you were referring to health care :)

niksto82, Jan 28, 2016 IP