1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Copyrighted Images

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by RAF Systems, Oct 20, 2014.

Sometime you find sprites on the internet which although on royalty free sites, claimed to be authors own work, may actually be ripped from other games. If I took these sprites in good faith and made a game with them would I be breaching copyright if

A/ Used them in an original game and shared that game with no one else at all.

B/ Used them in an original game and shared it freely with public via internet

C/ Used them in an original game and sold it to the public via the internet. Bearing in mind if the intent to breach copyright was not there, i,e. it occured unknowingly. What should be the correct course of action from someone who would claim the copyright?

RAF Systems, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  2. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You are still breaching copyright.

Agent000, Oct 20, 2014 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Possession of stolen goods is a crime, whether or not the possessor knew they were stolen.

jrbiz, Oct 31, 2014 IP
  4. kpmedia

kpmedia Member

Best Answers:
    The safest thing to do is just create your own.
    It's for reason like this that I always shoot my own photos, and create my own graphics.

kpmedia, Nov 4, 2014 IP
  5. Dan_Anderton

Dan_Anderton Member

Best Answers:
    You could seek the original authors permission to use them? Just be clear on what you want to use them for and get written consent.

Dan_Anderton, Nov 22, 2014 IP