1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

copyright picture

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by pkarnwal, Nov 29, 2013.

can i use picture from official site. i see so many site use new launch phones pic use on site same as official site.
    for example: color tv pic on many blogs and micromax canvas turbo i see so many blogs.

pkarnwal, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  2. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yes,

these are for promotion marketing material images, you can use them.
    you are not selling the images themselves

copyright images are the ones which themselves are the value, that is images of actresses ( who owns her own image) images of photographers etc.

competent123, Nov 29, 2013 IP
  3. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What an absolute load of bullshit. Any copyright lawyer will tell that that is a load of crap. You need to change your username to 'incompetent'.
    The only images that you can use on your site are the ones that you own copyright to or have permission from the copyright holder to use. That permission may be direct (eg you asked and got permission; eg paid a licence fee) or indirect (eg the copyright holder released the image under a creative commons provision; eg permission was implied to use image as part of a formal press release).

In your case, you need to check with the 'official site', check their terms and conditions and seek appropriate permission if required.

Agent000, Nov 30, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  4. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    it was in CONTEXT of him using phone images on his website, not to use a copyright image ( all images are presumed to be in copyright unless
    1- they are released as marketing materials ( as press release or similar medium)
    2- fair use

and even if i was/am wrong, no need to be rude, a civilized correction would be enough.

competent123, Nov 30, 2013 IP
  5. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thieves and those that encourage stealing need to be treated with contempt. Just don't post bullshit and do not encourage theft and I will be civilized.

Agent000, Dec 3, 2013 IP
  6. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    FPForum, Dec 3, 2013 IP