1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Copyright for my Website and Applications

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by GameEditor, Oct 24, 2015.

Hi,

How am i able to make my Software and Website to be safe in my hands?
    I would like to register it under my name. Means, i need something to proof anyone that im the author of the software and i fully owns it.

Also, What happens if anyone does a fully copy or something similar to my software and releases it under his name? am i able to sue him?

Im planing to release my 1 year of hardworked project on Website, Windows & mac application , IOS, android, chrome/safari/opera/firefox plugins what do i have to do to keep these safe in my hands? so make sure no one steals it or puts me in anytype of issue?

Kindly advice :)

Thanks,

GameEditor, Oct 24, 2015 IP
  2. Pamela Turns

Pamela Turns Active Member

Best Answers:
    One of the best ways to protect your software and website is to register it with the U.S. Copyright Office. I bet it was just easy, for the significant benefits copyright provides, it's one of the great insurance deals of all time.

There's no need for you to register your work to get a copyright protection because the moment your software and website becomes fixed in a tangible medium, you already own the copyright. That means that no one is allowed to copy and distribute or make releases of the software/website without your permission. Though, actual copyright registration provides you with significant advantages.

Pamela Turns, Oct 28, 2015 IP