1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Copy a database

Discussion in 'Databases' started by Darren Paine, Oct 11, 2018.

Hi im quite new to coding just over a year. i have a website that has a phpmyadmin, mysql Database. Is it possible to clone the database so i can create another website from the same database.

Darren Paine, Oct 11, 2018 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Absolutely. Download a sql dump (Export) and then upload and run it through the other phpmyadmin

sarahk, Oct 11, 2018 IP
  3. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Will the database EVER change? If so, HOW do plan on keeping BOTH databases in sync with each other?

If the database is not static, why don't you use the same database for BOTH websites?

mmerlinn, Oct 11, 2018 IP
  4. Darren Paine

Darren Paine Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi yes after looking around it seams pointing both websites to one database is the solution. I wasnt sure if the database could be cloned? just like your web files so creating two websites with two databases. The first website is a directory for tradesmen. I wanted to clone that site so we could then create another website for engineers.

thanks for your reply

Darren Paine, Oct 11, 2018 IP
  5. JEET

JEET Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If content of both websites is different, then best is to create a new database, with same table "structure" only, and "new"data entries.

However, if raw data is same for both, only output style is changing, then use the same database. Saves a lot of updating troubles...

JEET, Mar 29, 2019 IP