1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Copied FAQ's From My Site

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by natekapi, Sep 7, 2006.

I've never asked anyone about this before but I thought it might be worth bringing up here.

On one of my websites my FAQ's has been copied by about 3 or 4 competitors, almost word for word, with the exceptions being the website name.

Is there anything illegal about this? Is there any way I can force them to change it or remove it from their site?

natekapi, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  2. glengall1

glengall1 Peon

Best Answers:
    IMHO you would have to prove that the words were an exact copy and that this has caused you distress/loss of business/affected your business etc. etc.

You can complain to the hosting companies of the sites and can send these hosts an official notice of which most of them take very seriously.

I got banned for a few days by my hosting company due to a copyright issue that was found not to be my fault. The complainer didn't even have the courtesy to contact me first and it would have been sorted straight away.

Why don't you write to them and put you thoughts to them. if you don't get any joy, contact their hosts.

glengall1, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  3. natekapi

natekapi Peon

Best Answers:
    OK. I never thought of possibly contacting the host. Thanks for the info.

natekapi, Sep 7, 2006 IP
  4. Ferrarislave

Ferrarislave Peon

Best Answers:
    You're SOL...

Ferrarislave, Sep 7, 2006 IP