1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Coop tool question

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by flawebworks, Jul 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    When websites are updated with new pages; does the ad network pick this up automatically; or do we need to let you know via the admin panel?

Thanks.

flawebworks, Jul 10, 2004 IP
  2. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Why would you start a new thread for this question? In any case I'm sure the answer is just put the script or redirect to the new page and everything will look after itself?

compar, Jul 10, 2004 IP
  3. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    Because I thought someone would complain if I added to the old; lol. While it is related; it is a different question.

Actually; I was referring to brand new pages, not old ones.

Thanks.

4. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    The tool rechecks every week I believe for more content and higher PR. Checks daily to for the code to be added to your site.

schlottke, Jul 10, 2004 IP
  5. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't mean to quibble but the existing thread is an "everything about the Coop tool" thread. If you read it from start to finish you will see that the only thing in common about the posts are that they are all about the Ad Network.
    Now you have me completely confused. Your original post said
    What makes you think my advice is about "old ones". I'm talking about new pages in an existing site.

If you are talking about a new site -- but that isn't what you said -- then I believe you will have to register it. But if you are talking about an additional page on a site that has already been registered then just add the script or the redirect.

compar, Jul 10, 2004 IP
  6. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    to inform you...

There is no redirect needed... flawebworks is asking about new forum posts or new blog entries and how they will be added (or updated) into the rating shawn gives in the new tool.

schlottke, Jul 10, 2004 IP
  7. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    What?

I used an SSI script on my pages. I had to include it on every page. If I added a new page to my site and wanted to run Ad Network ads on it I will have to add the SSI include to that page.

Are you saying that had I used a .htaccess an Apache mod_rewrite it would have applied to the entire site and not individual pages?

compar, Jul 10, 2004 IP
  8. l0cke

l0cke Active Member

Best Answers:
    This will not help you. A blog / vBulletin forum has template which is the basis for every page. You just add the '<!-- ad network -->' line wherever you want it to appear on your page. Also each individual entry into a blog has its own page therefore the ads will appear on all pages (at least it works that way with Blogger which is what I am using). Even if you used .htaccess you would still have to place '<!-- ad network -->' on every page that you want ads to display on.

l0cke, Jul 10, 2004 IP
  9. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    Correct. That is what I thought. So if you add a new page to a conventional web site -- non template driven -- then you have to ad the '<!-- ad network -->' to each page.

So what is Schlottke talking about?

compar, Jul 10, 2004 IP
  10. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    Sorry. I'm not really used to forum posting. I'm used to mailing lists, I usually start a new subject with a new email. Made sense to me anyway.

Let me clarify. What I'm referring to is this. Say I add 10 pages a day to my currently registered website. Shawns code is included as required. Is Shawn able to pick this this up without me requesting a manual review in the coop admin panel or do I request it each time? I am not using a blog or forum, it's a normal site.

11. compar

compar Peon

Best Answers:
    No big deal. It is just that a lot of new people will start an new thread and ask the same question that has been answered multiple times already, rather than do a little research and find the thread where the question has already been answered or is currenty under discussion.
    Yes, Shawn can pick this up, as long as you put the requires information on each page. <!-- ad network --> as we dicussed in the previous couple of posts.

Now my confusion is that that is what I said in my very first attempt to answer your question. What was unclear about my answer?

compar, Jul 10, 2004 IP
  12. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    And to just clarify everyone (for those that are still confused)... it's not the HTML embedded in the page that is able to show up as new content, since that's never in the source by the time it is output to a browser.

But sites *are* revalidated and weights recalculated on occasion (right now it's every 72 hours), but it probably will move to 24 hours.

digitalpoint, Jul 10, 2004 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.