1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

coop to lose numbers to link vault?

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by jwbond, May 5, 2005.

1. sadcox66

sadcox66 Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    If your website is on a new domain name then.
    a.) Your going to be put into the google sandbox and sit around for 4-6 months or more
    (see the posts in this forum)

So while your in the sandbox you might as well take the benefit of the coop and get yahoo and msn to send you traffic.

The problem with the slow and steady approach that I see is that search engines change their algorithm often enough that you have to change your strategy frequently. Sure they are slow and steady now wait a couple more months and this may not be true at all.

sadcox66, May 9, 2005 IP
  2. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    that may be, but link building will be a major factor for a while ... and you could build fast and aggressively if you have the desire and if you have the weight.

skattabrain, May 9, 2005 IP
  3. mattmdesign

mattmdesign Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can anyone post an example of the kind of code that you have to add to your site to use link vault? If it is something that makes it possible for search engines to tell that you are using it, then I wouldn't be surprised at all if they banned all users because it would absolutely be a linking scheme to improve serps. Hopefully it is not detectable.

mattmdesign, May 9, 2005 IP
  4. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    in terms of misc extra code, images pulling from forign domains ... no. the php filenames are changed like in DP too. matter of fact, it's very stealthy, it even forbids exchanges among same ip's.

but i saw some knucklehead with this on his site and i squirmed ...

Ads by Link-Vault: Ad 1 | Ad 2

but as much as i don't like it, shawn i think does have a better policy when he says "this is an ad network, not a link exchange" ... with LV ... is hard to argue it otherwise.

not that google cares either way if you ask me.

not to hard for G to simply have someone sign up ... it's all over grover at that point.

how can any system like this be successful unless the members meet in secrecy and "know" each other.

i dunno ... i'm not very positive about anything today!

5. kepa

kepa Peon

Best Answers:
    Just set up an account and attempt to set it up and you will know everything. It is similar to the co-op but the names of the files are unique (as far as I can tell), not that you couldn't rename the files in dp either.

kepa, May 9, 2005 IP
  6. Infiniterb

Infiniterb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No matter how you slice it or dice it, they're both advertising networks. You give up some ad space on your site so someone else can deliver an ad via either Co-op or LV. Both are ad networks, and both are link exchanges. You give a link, you get a link.

Infiniterb, May 9, 2005 IP
  7. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    tru dat ... tru dat

at the end of the day, or opinions mean nothing.

8. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    That's a tough one to answer. Link-Vault is similar to this COOP in that you are awarded vaultage (weight) based on your efforts/ success in building a good site. To me both COOPs are arriving at a figure that YOU HAVE EARNED.

So I guess you can go and open an AdWords account and PAY to get traffic OR convert it to weight and use it wisely...I really don't see how any of this is grounds for getting banned. I may be wrong but if I think logically I just can't see it :confused:

...I agree with this thinking

There will be little to no benefit for you with either network if you have no weight to begin with. However you may have other domains that DO have weight and you could use the weight from them to promote your sandboxed site

Homer, May 10, 2005 IP
  9. Bulldog San

Bulldog San Peon

Best Answers:
    Cool! If that happens, I'm pointing Link-Vault links at competitor sites. I'll be at the top of the SERPS in no time. :cool:

Bulldog San, May 10, 2005 IP
  10. makumba

makumba Guest

Best Answers:
    Speaking of coop and google etc. I think that dynamic coop links are keeping my site in sandbox. It is already 9 months old, content rich and doing well in both yahoo and msn (thanks to coop probably). It ranks about #150 in google tho. I've noticed two things about it.
    1) if i do that funky not-affected-by-sandbox search on google, i rank #1 for a lot of my target keywords (even those that i though will be hard). With normal search i'm not in SERPs at all for most of them and about #150 for few the most important. I'm not sure now if i'm still in new-site sandbox or sandboxed because of too much links showing up too fast (had 100,000 yesterday, 107,000 today - according to linkdomain: yahoo tool).
    2) When my numer of backlinks rised a lot at one day, i've noticed a drop from #150 to #190 on google in the same time, which imho only confirms my speculations.

I'm thinking about three moves now. First would be to disable coop and see how my site ranks in G, if it goes up I'm leaving coop as a tool only to get my sites indexed fast, and I hope that i'll not drop a lot from Yahoo and MSN (as they give me some traffic, especially Y).
    Second solution is waiting some more months to see if my site will be still sandboxed after, lets say a full year.
    Third solution would be running link-vault somewhere and promote this site with it.

So.. my main question from this wicked post is: is it possible (and probable) that coop is keeping my site in sandbox ?

(maybe i should post that in new thread.....)

makumba, May 10, 2005 IP
  11. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    remember the -adsf trick to bypass the filter?

check your site before G gets wise to this - http://roberttaft.com/no_filter.htm

i saw it on the seo-guy forums last night (which i thought were dead).

it's nice to know that minus the filter, i'm on target for some of my other sites.

i watched a site of mine for months do zippo, and using the old -adsf trick, i had a strong #1 it seemed ... well a few months later, the site was released (Superbowl update) and sure enough was #1 (for a while anyway).

so hopefully you see some favorable results.

skattabrain, May 10, 2005 IP
  12. makumba

makumba Guest

Best Answers:
    skattabrain

yeah.. i knew the trick but it never worked for me actually. I've probably read about it too late :) There is new one that looks like working however. You just have to put a lot of words that google removes from query. Those words include to, for, of, off, in etc. From my tests it came that you need at least 42 words long query (your keywords plus those words) to get sandbox disabled.

makumba, May 10, 2005 IP
  13. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    it's still working for me, that's odd.

14. bloodwrath

bloodwrath Active Member

Best Answers:
    DAM with out the filter my keywords ARE in the TOP 10.
    WTF..

bloodwrath, May 10, 2005 IP
  15. makumba

makumba Guest

Best Answers:
    ok.. if it does work for you i'm really confused now. Could you try it for refurbished laptops query? with a lot of additional 'to' words my site (listed in my sig) is ranked #1:
    p00f
    however with '-asdf' added it is not:
    YAY!

So which one does actually show results without sandbox?

@ bloodwrath:
    how old is your site? are you using coop?

makumba, May 10, 2005 IP
  16. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
  17. bloodwrath

bloodwrath Active Member

Best Answers:
    my site was 1yr old in jan 2005
    and ya ive been using the coop for 5-6 months
    and my keywords are getting better.
    untill feb this yr, they were all but gone off google

in need to read more about this

18. makumba

makumba Guest

Best Answers:
    imho it's very possible that google puts coop sites into sandbox. It's just easy++ for them to detect it: go to a site linking to you - see a link - go there again - no link. If it finds a lot of such cases it puts you in sandbox. Thats just my theory. I have to research it more :)

makumba, May 10, 2005 IP
  19. bloodwrath

bloodwrath Active Member

Best Answers:
    thier have been many posts on the coop and sandbox..
    the coop is like banner ads..
    cant see how that would affect us..
    or having banner ads would be bad as well
    search for coop and sandbox and youll find a ton of treads

20. City2

City2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Link Vault set a new standard and Co Op i am sure will evolve to match and advance now that their is competition.

City2, May 10, 2005 IP