1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cookies in Consent message

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by man555, Dec 22, 2022.

I have enabled GDPR Google's Consent message to show on my site, but I need a help.
    I have a StatCounter cookie on my site, and I need to know how to enable users to enable/disable that cookie via Consent message.
    Is that possible?

man555, Dec 22, 2022 IP
  2. James Cavalcanti

James Cavalcanti Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it is possible to allow users to enable or disable the StatCounter cookie through the GDPR consent message on your site. Here are the steps you can follow:

First, you will need to add a checkbox or toggle button to your consent message that allows users to enable or disable the StatCounter cookie. You can do this by including some custom HTML in your consent message that includes the checkbox or toggle button.

Next, you will need to add some JavaScript code to your site that listens for changes to the checkbox or toggle button and adjusts the StatCounter cookie accordingly. If the user selects the checkbox or toggle button to enable the cookie, your code should set the cookie. If the user deselects the checkbox or toggle button to disable the cookie, your code should delete the cookie.

Finally, you will need to update your privacy policy to reflect the fact that you are collecting and using the StatCounter cookie and that users have the option to enable or disable it through the consent message. This is important because the GDPR requires you to be transparent about your data collection practices and to obtain explicit consent from users before collecting and processing their personal data.

It is a good idea to test your implementation to make sure it is working as expected. You may also want to consider seeking the assistance of a developer if you are not comfortable working with HTML and JavaScript.

James Cavalcanti, Dec 23, 2022 IP
  3. man555

man555 Peon

Best Answers:
    I already have that on my own consent message.
    What I am asking is for Google's GDPR Consent message that you activate in the Adsense account.

man555, Dec 23, 2022 IP