1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

cookie cutter myspace sites

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by xyz, Aug 13, 2006.

where do they generally get all their traffic. I dont think much of it would come for SE's .. but there are tons of these sites claiming 8K, 5K, 10K etc uniques per day. Are they all from bulletins? I'm considering finally trying one of these sites.. is it worthwhile?

xyz, Aug 13, 2006 IP
  2. sandyfeet

sandyfeet Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd say a good percentage comes from bulletins. And if they are #1 - #10 on google, msn and yahoo...then a good amount could come from there as so many myspacers are searching for stuff to add to their profiles daily.

My friends add new stuff to their profiles and change their profiles every day. Some of the sites they use are not found in the top 20 on google or msn, so I think they find sites on other users profiles. A viral type thing going on.

The thing is...if you want a successful myspace site, you must have fresh/original content that users will love to add to their profiles for friends to see. Come up with something no other myspace resource site has and you could bank on it....for real!!

sandyfeet, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  3. Buga

Buga Guest

Best Answers:
    MySpace layout and graphic sites advertise themselves. If one person is using the layout in their profile that has 100+ friends, those 100 friends are subjected to the link to the layout site.

If 5 of those friends add the layouts to their site, thats 5 people with different friends. It's pretty viral. Once you start commenting with graphics that link back to your site, then your subjected to even more advertising. ;)

Buga, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  4. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I bet most of that traffic is coming from Myspace.

soniqhost.com, Aug 14, 2006 IP
  5. damien

damien Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, with proper traffic they can make quite a bit:)

damien, Aug 14, 2006 IP