1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Converting YouTube content into posts? Multiple sites?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by theplastickid, Aug 8, 2017.

I have a YouTube channel with a decent following.

I vlog about various topics and the site is just - my name.

I have a site setup - myname.com

But, I am thinking about turning a lot of my videos into blog posts.

What would you guys and gals do if you were me?

Option 1 -

Create all the blog posts on mysite.com, branded as me (my name). Perhaps some sub domains.

The content differs quite drastically. Travel, online work, my thoughts, and opinions, how to make money.

Subdomains would be travel.mysite.com etc. (perhaps I could apply different styles, treat them as separate sites but get all the SEO benefits of having one site?)

Option 2 -

Create different sites.

Site A - Personal Site almost like a bio - Links to the other sites only.
    Site B - Travel site for my travel content - All of my travel content is about one particular city and I have a great keyword rich domain.
    Site C - A course for my online courses that revolve around a particular topic.

I have a couple of friends in the same space and all of their stuff is on the same site. Looks a little cluttered though. I don't know if that hurts them overall on Google establishing their site as an authority site. (ok - you're talking about this type of business, but your new post is about your holiday)

Others, I know just slam the whole blog on their home page and talk about whatever they want, don't even have categories and they seem to be doing ok.

I've been wracking my brains on this for ages so would really appreciate your input.

Many Thanks.

theplastickid, Aug 8, 2017 IP
  2. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    In your case I would choose the second option. You will do better if you focus on a niche rather than a general site. I think that a personal site with all kinds of content will give you less visitors than the proposed niche sites with travel content and online courses. The way you reason regarding your friends sites is correct. When there are plenty of categories on a website with different information it will look cluttered. People will not visit your site nowadays to read all the information you have there. People will search for a topic and read relevant articles about the topic. Therefore I think the second option suits you best.

MrKing01, Aug 8, 2017 IP