1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Converting Visitors to Returning Visitors

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by JoeB34, Dec 16, 2016.

Hi!

I've started a blog: betterbirdies.com

I was able to get around 3,000 visitors between yesterday and today from a popular article posted. Out of all 3,000, zero subscribed to my mailing list. I know my content is good (otherwise it would not have gone viral on Reddit and then Facebook), but I can't figure out how to make sure the visitors come back.

I understand that I could do a pop-up box that gives away something to get people's email addresses. The problem is my site is a funny genre, so I don't think it would be appropriate to have a serious giveaway (or would it)? And I'm not entirely sure what my giveaway would be, and how I should proceed to give it away (via pop-up lightbox or another method?).

Or should I forget about email marketing and try an alternative method? Maybe focus on a Facebook page, since apparently many of my visitors use facebook?

Thank you for any help! Look forward to discussing this topic.

JoeB34, Dec 16, 2016 IP
  2. sweetlouise

sweetlouise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You could add a re-marketing pixel from facebook ads and then build a facebook page and stay connected through facebook.

sweetlouise, Dec 16, 2016 IP
  3. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    Where's your optin box?

I don't know if I am missing something here but I didn't see any email optin blog on your website.

Chad Eztraffic, Dec 17, 2016 IP
  4. unlimitedoptions4us

unlimitedoptions4us Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi:

You could offer to give away something related to the purpose of your website.
    It could be a PDF, 1-3 videos in a series of videos related to your website.
    It could be an ebook?

It needs to be something valuable enough for people to give you their email address.

Once you build your email list you can start to offer them products or services. They can be your own products or affiliate products
    related to your website.
    You need to keep creating content that engages them and keeps them coming back. Open loops that make people want more information or more content will keep them coming back. Answering questions that your audience has will keep them coming back also.

Good luck,

Dan

unlimitedoptions4us, Dec 18, 2016 IP