1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Converting Isapi_ReWrite Rules to Mod_ReWrite Rules

Discussion in 'Apache' started by yfs1, Jul 3, 2005.

I have always used Windows servers for my sites that have rewritten urls. I am now trying to get away from Windows and have started testing on a Linux server. The problem is I have only ever used Isapi_ReWrite.

Is there anyone that is familiar with both and can convert a couple of rules or maybe someone who knows Mod_ReWrite well and can create a couple of straight forward rules for me?

I'm kind of stuck for time but will be getting stuck in to Mod_ReWrite once I have the time.

Please PM me if you are interested in doing this (I'm sure we can arrange something) or if its a straight forward conversion, feel free to post here.

Cheers
    yfs1

yfs1, Jul 3, 2005 IP
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    THat didn't attract much attention...I have now written out my Mod_ReWrite rules but getting them to work is another thing. Anyone willing to double check them through PM?

Cheers

yfs1, Jul 4, 2005 IP
  3. nddb

nddb Peon

Best Answers:
    You should post more specifics, more people will reply.

Post both sets, isapi can't be too drastically different. And seems like quite a few people here know mod_rewrite.

nddb, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  4. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I figured it out through long trial and error. Now I can add Mod_ReWrite to my resume ;)

yfs1, Jul 5, 2005 IP